Arse Kicked

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copperhed

Reaction score
I hafta say....
after waking up with a light-moderate head and downing a coupla lights I burnt mega dead wood (live on many acres, ya jess gotta burn it now and then, burned for bout three hours). Then took a ride on the 4. ***** didn't wanna crank at first, but after several loving nudging she rose to the task. Whupped my Butt.

Its a 6-speed, came up one time and bloodied me nose. Time for food, beverages, long hot soak in the tub, and some chillin' talk.

Anyone else like riding? Horses, 4-wheel, or 2?

Beautiful day down here in Southwest GA, USA. Ya just gotta love it!

Copper

DCP_2011.jpg

DCP_2010.jpg

I need to get a 4-wheeler that can haul a brush-wacker. 2-wheel drive doesn't work on my slopes.

david_42 said:
I need to get a 4-wheeler that can haul a brush-wacker. 2-wheel drive doesn't work on my slopes.

I got a Yanmar tractor for them bushwhackin bushhog jobs. They are dangerous as heck, one wheel stand and you fall back on the attachments (I guess you know tractors got torque from Hades), been drivin one since I was twelve but wouldnt reccomend it for the novice.

I did however manage to put a gash in right rear tire in the Quad-runner you could poke a thumb through. Bout seventy bucks......Whatta witch!

Guess I will drag out the dirt bike, I live on all wooded acreage, no good place to ride except the dirt road to me home, deputies frown on it, but they are pretty good chaps when they happen by or are called. :D

Copper

After eating the big steak, am going out to shoot 9mm rifle, then to bed, best to you folkes!!!!!

Nightey-night
Copper

I hate to be a whiner, but would you please use the standard font? That bold stuff is tough to read

Thankfully I get all the toys at work so have resisted to buy private ones.
I get to play with stuff like this whilst I get paid.

250cc_Single_Seat_Go_Kart.jpg

And

atv.jpg

An one of these

disco1.jpg

An 8 hour day in that environment is physically and mentally tiring.

The clients get to play for a few hours at a time. I have to have fun, be full of energy all day plus keep the kit going, teach people and keep them safe. Plus set stuff up, clean it. BUT it's great.

I'm so flippin allergic to horses its not even funny. I could die from a horse allergic attack (same with anchovies).

Now, 4-wheeling, I love! From South Alabama and we used to hit up the mud big-time.. winter or summer.

greenhornet said:
what the hell do you do orfy and where can I sign up?

For the last year or so I've taken a partial gap year. Travelled, brewed and taken on work at an adventure/activity centre as a 4x4/quad bike instructor.
I get paid to do the stuff people pay lots of money to do.

It's obviously fun but it's also quite hard work and it has the down side that I've earnt around 1/4 the salary I did last year.

As for signing up, we have around 20 request a week to work for free but to tell you the truth they are not the kind of people who make good instructors.

Hey there Greenhornet, nice Baja! I gotta pal that has a beautiful blistering yellow rail buggy and a T-Bucket that will pull the front wheels off the ground. I have never been riding on the beach with him but I can imagine how glorious it must be.

Orfy, on the one hand I am totally envious of you, and on the other I extend heartfelt condolences for what you physically endure. I could not for the life of me imagine being on a Quad for 8 hours, not to mention the responsibility of instructing others. I commend you. :D.

I am actually too light for the 4-wheeler I have, its me Bro's but he has been away several years now. I stay so banged and bruised up, but hell......you just cant beat the exhilaration!

Seefresh. So you stay away from pizzas that have anchovies and horsemeat as the toppings? ;)
Me Grampy always had horses around and I am totally enthralled by them. I did however have to sell off me pastureland, and cannot afford the feed and hay I would have to buy in order to keep one in "Copper's Farm/in/the/Forest". These days I miss my equestrian friends, but supplement it with Horse-Power. South Alabam??? I'm in Central-west GA, West Point Lake area. How cool! I regularly visit your home state to buy me fireworks.

Yooper Chick, I'm glad you posed that inquiry, I wasn't sure what cream crakered meant and was scairt to venture a guess. .:confused:

Copper

dirtbikeme.jpg

Back