Help On Finding A Propane Gas Low PSI Pressure Gauge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcav

Still Believing In God, Family &This Great Country
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can buy a propane gas low psi pressure gauge, that is not $40.00 and up? Most of the cheap ones are for water pressure, or for air. I was going to buy three of them, one for each piped line for my three burners, so I could see at a glance if pressure is holding for safety, before lighting the pilot lights on brew day.

1/2 psi is all that the gas gauge has to read but I think the smallest psi range they sell is 0 to 15 psi. Will a gas pressure gauge used on welding tanks work?

you are wanting to put a gauge on a house type propane gas line and want to use a gauge to insure that pressure?

When they install a reg on a house, they get out a sealed water column type gauge and set the screw on the reg to that type of gauge. At that low of a pressure, a needle type round gauge is not accurate, and I doubt very much you will find one for this use.

you are wanting to put a gauge on a house type propane gas line and want to use a gauge to insure that pressure?

When they install a reg on a house, they get out a sealed water column type gauge and set the screw on the reg to that type of gauge. At that low of a pressure, a needle type round gauge is not accurate, and I doubt very much you will find one for this use.

No actually the low pressure gas is coming from a 20 lb. propane tank and into my gas beam on my single tier stand.

Back