It won't bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishpride42

Reaction score
So I tried to bottle the peach brandy and I cannot even fill one pint full! I am guessing its clogged but how else do I get it out? Should I pour and strain the entire bucket into another bucket and then bottle from there? I am afraid if I do that though I will lose some.

HELP!

NO! Don't pour and strain- you're aerate the heck out of it!

What do you mean, it won't bottle? What equipment are you using, and what exactly is clogged?

I am using a brew bucket with a spicket at the bottom about 1.5"-2" up from the bottom and then using just some tubing and a pressured bottle filler from the LHBS

So you fermented in your bottling bucket? Do you have another bucket?

I would suggest you clean and sanitize another bucket. Then rack your brew into that. Clean and sanitize your now free bottling bucket, and then rack back into this. That way you will have rack off of all the lees, and there won't be much of anything to clog the spigot.

Thanks for all the advice! Yooper helped me out a whole lot so I think I have it figured out now! Thanks again Yooper!

I'm definitely no expert on wine brewing, working the kinks outta my first bath now, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and ask a silly question...since you fermented in your bottling bucket, you've never racked it, and you're bottling it, does that mean you had lees pouring into your bottles? If so you may want to trash those bottles, or filter them, or give them to a neighbor....

Back