How much to pay for a mash tun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yewtah-brewha

Reaction score
I just commited to buy a mash tun. I have not picked it up yet, but the guy is holding it for me. He's charging me 20.00 for the tun. I wasn't going to start all grain just yet, but at this price I think its a steal. One of my favorite beers I think calls for the use of this(Asahi). How much and what do you think?

The guy seems very knowlegable and theeres probaly more value in the conversation I'm going to be having with him than anything!

mashtun.jpg

Is it a 5 or 10 gallon cooler? Either way I would say that if it's functional I would say it's a good deal. My only concern with a 5 gallon cooler is that you can be limited if you plan on making big beers or 10 gallon batches. Personally it cost me about $70 to build my mash tun. It would have been much less if I had a 10 gallon cooler laying around to use. $20 sounds reasonable though. Happy brewing!

If it has a ball valve and a screen or some manner of filtering the grain bed and doesn't smell like a compost heap then you are getting a good deal...assuming this thing is at least 5 gallons. Actually $20 would be a good deal for even 2.5 gal

I think its 5 gallon, the ad said

Mash tun with Lid, Spigot/Hose/Valve included. Stainless steel filter for the bottom. Very efficient and effective. Sticker included at no additional cost

mashtun.jpg

Great deal! Now you aren't stuck drinking 3.2-4.0% alcohol in Yewtah!

Great deal! Now you aren't stuck drinking 3.2-4.0% alcohol in Yewtah!

I just went to squatters a few weeks ago, You can but 12% devastator in bottles in thier cooler, walk 10 feet to the tap dispenser and they can only sell thier draft beer in 3.2%. Who the hell made that dumb ass rule! LOL:rockin:

Back