can you get a nitrogen tank/regulator filled with co2?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkov

Reaction score
i have a beer gas setup in a nitrogen tank with the nitrogen regulator. when i run out of beergas, will i be able to get it filled with co2 instead and use that? thanks

While I can't say I have ever tried to do that, I seriously doubt the local gas supply shop will do that. Most shops simply swap out cylinders, rather than refill.

I suggest you call your local gas supply and ask them.

Gedvondur

i thought nitrogen tanks and co2 tanks had different valves on them.. or are they both cga 320? You may need an adapter for them to even fill a nitrogen tank with co2 (assuming they would do it).

i have a beer gas setup in a nitrogen tank with the nitrogen regulator. when i run out of beergas, will i be able to get it filled with co2 instead and use that? thanks

not reccomended.

C02 "gas" is actually a liquid when in a pressurized vessel (a tank)

this being said - N2 tanks are designed for a different pressure and have a different regulator. Compressed Nitrogen is a gas - compressed Co2 is a liquid

if you want a tank of Co2 for some reason - get one...

I use a Nitrogen regulator on my CO2 tank. I had to replace the stem because the valves are different, but it works fine.

but beergas has some co2 in it? so they get it in there someway normally

You may be able to trade tanks when you go to get it filled. Depends on the shop but mine has traded tanks with me.

What is Beergas? Is it used rather than Co2?

yeah, its a mix of nitrogen/co2, usually 75% nitrogen, 25% co2

Back