No, really. It's true.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrNate

Reaction score
Zinfandel is a red wine. I promise. For real.

You don't have to keep asking me, or remind me how you've only ever heard of "white zinfandel" every time I pour you another.

LOL - If people would just leave the white off when they order a glass/bottle they'd be much happier.

At least they don't call it Red Zinfandel.

Retronyms. c.f. Acoustic Guitar, Landline, tap water, terrestrial radio, standard definition tv, etc

There are several places around here that assume you mean white zinfandel when you order zinfandel. Don't forget the ice!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzdDWmXNHA8]YouTube - Riunite on ice (1984)[/ame]

I first ran into it in Vegas... I was at that massive seafood buffet... the one that costs like $60. And yes, I realize it's a buffet, but they went to great lengths to make it upscale. Waitress comes back with my wine. "I ordered a Zinfandel," says I. "You got one," came the reply. Grr.

Worse than these bartenders who assume all martinis are made with vodka unless otherwise specified. Makes me angry.

White zin, white chocolate, jumbo shrimp. For years it was just about impossible to get a real zin, I'm glad wineries are waking up.

Zinfandel is my favorite Red wine. I have however had a few nice white Zins that were not too overly sweet.

I never quite understood why some people prefer Zinfandel made from Old Vines. If old vines are so good, why isn't there an "old vine" cabernet?

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Don't say "white chocolate" aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!1

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

That ****'s not even real chocolate.

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Zinfandel is my favorite Red wine. I have however had a few nice white Zins that were not too overly sweet.

I never quite understood why some people prefer Zinfandel made from Old Vines. If old vines are so good, why isn't there an "old vine" cabernet?

My wife and I have a long winded and impossibly boring theory on this. In fact, this explanation of the theory is more interesting than the theory itself.

Back