90min IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimsawyer

Reaction score
WOW!!! Dogfishhead's 90min IPA and it's the best beer i've had in a long time. Anyone got a clone recepie for any of the dogfishhead's brews? I heard the 120 min IPA is a killer, something like 18% abv.... I want to do a big brew like this, but this time i want to follow a recepie. I have never followed one. I either want a recepie for a 10%+(maybe not 18%) that is either an award winning IIPA or a Barleywine or a Clone from the Dogfishhead brewery that someone has brewed or has sampled a taste from someone they know has brewed it. (maybe Imperial Russian stout if the story is good enough). Man, it's packin a punch, on my 4th bottle in the 4 pack(ouch, 10 bucks down the hatch!!! HAHAHAH!!!) and i'm getting toasty!!! WHEEE!!!:rockin: :mug: :tank: :drunk:

I found a 90 min clone that turned out awesome, its a PM recipe if you want it let me know, you didn't say all grain or not

alright, i'll take it, i can always goof with a recepie calculator and figure out what grains to add instead of extract.

FSR402 said:
Is there a way to convert that to a DME? I'm not up to AG yet. :(

There are instructions for extract at the bottom.

Extract Option:
Replace Pilsner malt with 8.0 lbs. dried malt extract and 1.75 lbs. of Pilsner Malt. Steep crushed grains in 1.1 gallons (4 L) of water at 150 *F (66 *C) for 45 minutes. Follow the remaining instuctions in the all-grain recipe.

Beerrific said:
Have you done this recipe? Any reason you couldn't do it with domestic 2-row instead of pilsner? And the just do a single infusion mash at 149F?

I have not..I believe it is straight out of the byo clones issue.

Heres the one I used, came out awesome

10lbs light dme
1lb carapils, 1lb munich

2.5 centennial, .75 nugget, .75 perle(90min)
1.5 centennial, 1.25 nugget, .25 perle(dry)

All 90 min hops were combined, split and added every five minutes through entire boil.

safale us-05

Back