Post pics of your smoker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not use a guage. I use lump mesquite charcoal and a very small dry mesquite or oak fire on the coals. The brined and peppered meat is then put in the stack at the opposite end of the smoker from the fire box until I have enough smoke and then I finish drying in the oven on warm with a wood spoon stuck in the oven door to let the moisture out. ET

Here is the Drum Smoker I made in action smoking 9 Racks of Baby Back Ribs :rockin:

IMAG0043.jpg

IMAG0042.jpg

It's still a work in progress, but functional and ready to be put to use. I hope to do my first smoke sometime in the next few days.

5749-img-9289.jpg

I love smoking stuff. Seems these hobbys go hand in hand. Funny thing is, the smoking forum I'm on has a homebrew sub-forum.

Here's my rigs...use the wood fired in warm weather, and the electric during winter.

El Cheapo Brinkmann (ECB) - disregard the busch light in this picture...it was all I had leftover from a party, and it was before I started homebrewing :D
IMAG0310.jpg

Full of meat
IMAG1155.jpg

Masterbuilt 40" Digital Electric (MES40)
IMAG0800.jpg

Bunch of Cheese about to go in the MES40
IMAG0816.jpg

Cheese packaged and ready for aging (just like beer, it's almost impossible to wait!) Note the Two Brothers...see, I do drink good beer! Also, on the far right are some pecans I smoked that day.
IMAG0828-2.jpg

Here in Texas we have suffered from an extrended drought that kept me from usinng my Big Green Egg. I came across a Traeger Show at Costco last month and decided to go with a Traeger Jr. to help with the BBQ drought that the weather was causing.

traegerwings2.jpg

traegerwings3.jpg

traegerwings4.jpg

traegerwings6.jpg

wow thats pretty cool. Never seen one of those. The drought was so bad I remember we had to use this thing for a propane campfire if you can beleive it

GCLOG.jpg

Here in Texas we have suffered from an extrended drought that kept me from usinng my Big Green Egg. I came across a Traeger Show at Costco last month and decided to go with a Traeger Jr. to help with the BBQ drought that the weather was causing.

traegerwings2.jpg

traegerwings3.jpg

traegerwings4.jpg

traegerwings6.jpg

Good looking chicken and that's a tasty beer....

Made some upgrades to my UDS before smoking some pork and wings today. Added a handle (re-purposed slag hammer handle), a small side table, and a thermometer bulkhead. About an hour into the smoke today it started to rain pretty hard. I wire tied a small patio umbrella to the exhaust, which wasn't ideal, but worked. Next upgrade will be to weld on a small pipe to hold the umbrella.

5927-014.jpg

5925-017.jpg

5926-019.jpg

Made some upgrades to my UDS before smoking some pork and wings today. Added a handle (re-purposed slag hammer handle), a small side table, and a thermometer bulkhead. About an hour into the smoke today it started to rain pretty hard. I wire tied a small patio umbrella to the exhaust, which wasn't ideal, but worked. Next upgrade will be to weld on a small pipe to hold the umbrella.

I really like the small side table and dig the idea of an umbrella holder. There have been way too many of times where it starts to rain and I rig up some unsafe way to keep the UDS dry. Hahaaaa...

I really like the small side table and dig the idea of an umbrella holder. There have been way too many of times where it starts to rain and I rig up some unsafe way to keep the UDS dry. Hahaaaa...

Thanks. I think I'll weld a pipe for the umbrella on my brewstand too. A little shade for the sunny days and cover for the rainy ones.:)

traegerwings2.jpg

traegerwings3.jpg

traegerwings4.jpg

traegerwings6.jpg

Nice pictures, Ed.

What type of camera were those taken with?

The one with the single wing is really good.:mug:

Nice pictures, Ed.

What type of camera were those taken with?

The one with the single wing is really good.:mug:

It's a Canon Powershot SD1400IS that I picked up on Black Friday a year ago. It takes great pics.

That shot was taken using the Auto feature. It automatically goes into Macro mode for closeups that make food look sexy. :D

under cover and under a foot of snow now, but this past summer, crappy cell phone pic of BGE going to town...

smokin.jpg

Finally got around to building my UDS, it turned out great just have to install the temp guage and season it tomorrow

IMAG0099.jpg

IMAG0100.jpg

IMAG0102.jpg

IMAG0103.jpg

Christmas Day Smoking a Ham and a Pork Roast in my newly built UDS and had to bring out my Portable Drum Kegerator with my Home Brew on tap :mug:

IMAG0112.jpg

IMAG0111.jpg

IMAG0113.jpg

IMAG0114.jpg

How do guys like the weber smokers? Im looking to get into smoking/bbq but am on the fence on what to get. It's about 400 for the weber, just wondering if i should pony up a few hundred more and go for a wood pellet grill?

Love to see the old Smoke'n Pitmasters out there. Brinkmann just dont make like this anymore. I bought two of these off of craigslist for less than 100 buchks... and this one i reconditioned.. its absolutely perfect...

IMG_0610.jpg

My smoke house at our river house with my double barrel and my grandpas brinkman snp Now has two new additions built on with a covered porch swing. My favorite uds. Loaded double barrel and a lasagna fatty a must try. Italian sausage stuffed with lasagna noodles fresh basil mozzarella ricotta and italian cheese blend with my homemade sauce. Good stuff.

image-3944268852.jpg

image-543785580.jpg

image-969900405.jpg

image-1567865221.jpg

Back