Sweet, Sweet Stone Ruination IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to dig through the archives of another forum that I post at to find this. Here's my experience with it for your enjoyment. I did something similar with the beer, I drank Hop slam.

"The tab tastes sweet with a little bitterness like a lemon that comes in on the background and grabs at the sides of your mouth. I sucked on it for a good minute.

Lemon- OH WOW! That tastes fantastic! Sweet without bitter, how weird! It has a little tang to it but it’s like really sugary! This is so cool!
Lime-You can tell it tastes like a lime barely but also not bitter.
Tomato- Tastes horrible! Bland, blagh.
Vinegar- OH GOD! AH! The vinegar doesn’t combine well with the lemon I just ate. It felt like it was carbonating on my tongue…woo!
Apple Cider Vinegar-Same thing as the above…ah!
Dark Chocolate- Not as bitter as it is normally, it actually tastes like milk chocolate.
Olives- Tastes the same as they do normally.
Potato- Tastes kinda like a apple.
Ground Coffee- Not as bad as it would be normally, but still pretty bad.
Maple Syrup- Tastes the same.
Hop Slam Beer- I’m not a big enough hoop fan to drink this beer normally[editors note: my tolerance has built since them], but now, the hop bitterness is gone and I’m left with a flowery taste.
Defcon Condition 1 [editors note: this is a wing sauce]- Ugh! Gah! Tastes acidic.

Well, now that my stomach hurts, I find myself sucking on the lemon again…it’s soooo good!!!! This is such a weird experience! Your brain is expecting one taste but your tongue is giving you something completely different. What a trip!

Ok, well this sucks. I'm having an allergic reaction to the tab. Within 5 minutes of eating the tab I've broken out into a huge skin rash on my hands. Time to go take a Benadril.

Now my skin's itching like crazy.

Ok, it seems like the benadril is kicking in slightly as the rash has stopped spreading, but oddly my penis has now fallen off. Miracle Fruit gives you lepracy?"

Back