What to brew with the left overs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pluto035

Reaction score
Soo, I have some left over supplies from my last brew day and I'm wondering what beers I can make with them.

6lbs golden light DME (LD Carlson)
2oz hallertauer hops pellets (3.8% AA)

I know I'll need to make a trip to the brew store to pick up some more yeast/specialty grains but I at least want to include what I have now in the recipe. Any suggestions?

I can't make beer without 6# of ME, so the sky is the limit. With another four ounces of Hallertau, a half poundof Crystal 10, you can think about EdWorts haus pale.

If you have been doing good hitting mash temps with your steeping grains, go with 2# Vienna malt and a half pound of crystal 10, mash at 155-160 for 60 minutes.

If you want to try to hold your system at 155-160 a few more times with just steeping grains bump the Crystal to 40°L (half a pound) and find four more ounces of Hallertau.

Either of the above will do great on Nottingham Yellow or Safale05 if it is easier to find.

For both go with 7 HBUs at (60), 3.5 HBUs at (30) and then 1.75 to 2.0 HBUs at (15) and (5).

If your LHBS carries Vienna DME EdWort has an extract version up on page one in his thread. The grain bill is one many of us here are familiar with, you can run any hop I ever tried on top of it and learn something.

DME at flameout, goes easier with a whisk.

Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna try out the half pound of crystal and 2 pounds of Vienna. Just picked up everything today and hopefully I'll end up brewing up a batch this weekend.

Back