Big day yesterday, thanks to all!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agroff383

Reaction score
Well I did my first 2 brew day, I had SWMBO doing all the legwork on a Austin Homebrew Pumpkin Ale with some real pumpkin in it, got the yeast pitched and cleaned up the mess, then SWMBO went to a party and I did my first partial mash! Atlantic Palisades Ale from Austin Homebrew, this was my first PM attempt and my first time brewing inside on the stove...hit my temps and only lost like 4 degrees over 45 minutes of mini mashing. I want more mashing! It just felt like a more authentic way to do it, even though I had 3 pounds of DME, it should be a great brew.

So once again thanks to all on here for advice and encouragement, etc.

I tried my first robust Coffee Porter yesterday as well and it was the best beer I have made to date. The coffee profile is so strong and right up front but I think it is still a great porter as well, it is leaning towards the coffee heavily but it is a great porter. I have also solved my off flavor problems by lower temps during fermentation (it is cold out here in PA so the basement is much cooler) and also by using a good portion of distilled water I believe the mineral content was much too high. So it was a good Saturday and can't wait to do my next PM batch!

Back