• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Trade Saaz Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HossTheGreat

Reaction score
Picked up 5lbs of hops from hopsdirect earlier this month. Included in that purchase was a pound of US Saaz. I had intended on brewing up some lagers this winter, but have sort of changed my mind about that now. All are the 2008 pelletts. I've seperated them into 2oz bags and vacuum sealed them with a food saver. If anyone has any hops they'd like to trade up for some US Saaz, let me know. Thanks.

Do you want any particular hops in trade?

I'm already set on Amarillo, Cascade, Crystal, and Williamette. Other than that just let me know what you have to offer. Right now I'm looking at brewing up some IPAs, APAs so anything that works well with those would be cool. May also do some sort of stout for the holidays too.

I'm already set on Amarillo, Cascade, Crystal, and Williamette. Other than that just let me know what you have to offer. Right now I'm looking at brewing up some IPAs, APAs so anything that works well with those would be cool. May also do some sort of stout for the holidays too.

I have those, too. But, I think I have quite a bit of centennial in 2 ounce packages.

I have those, too. But, I think I have quite a bit of centennial in 2 ounce packages.

Centennial sounds good. If you'd like, you can PM me to let me know where to send to and how much you want to trade. Thanks.

I've got some whole leaf Simcoe if you are interested in trading a bit. They have been vacuum packed and frozen since I got them two months ago.

I finally checked. I have enough magnum leaf (13.4%), centennial pellets (9.6%), northern brewer leaf hops (10.2%) to part with some. All are in 2 ounce foodsaver bags, frozen, from 2008. (The others you already have- I have cascade, amarillo, willamette, etc)

I'd love to swap about 4 ounces for 4 ounces of saaz. Do you have a preference?

I finally checked. I have enough magnum leaf (13.4%), centennial pellets (9.6%), northern brewer leaf hops (10.2%) to part with some. All are in 2 ounce foodsaver bags, frozen, from 2008. (The others you already have- I have cascade, amarillo, willamette, etc)

I'd love to swap about 4 ounces for 4 ounces of saaz. Do you have a preference?

Sure. I can do 4oz of Centennial for 4oz of Saaz. Mine are 2008 pellets stored in a food saver bag and frozen as well. I will PM you with my info.

I also have some 3.3 AA Crystal Hops that I could probably part with some of if anyone is interested.

That'll work. How much are you wanting to trade?

I could do 2 or 4 ounces. They're still in the short bag I got from Jaybird so I will have to break them out into smaller bags.. I don't have a vacuum sealer yet, but probably use one of those ziploc pump bags once I break it down.

Hey Yoop - would you be willing to do 4oz Simcoe for 2oz Magnum and 2oz Cascade?

I already "found" some simcoe from someone else who wants to swap. Let me see where we are with that, and let you know.

I've been using the magnum for bittering lots of beers- the Stone ruination clone, an American amber, etc. Why did it take me so long to even try it? :D

I could do 2 or 4 ounces. They're still in the short bag I got from Jaybird so I will have to break them out into smaller bags.. I don't have a vacuum sealer yet, but probably use one of those ziploc pump bags once I break it down.

Sounds good. I'll PM you with my info.

Ok, so that's 8oz out the door. Still have 8oz left if anyone's still interested.

Ok, all but 2oz are spoken for. I think I may just keep those for myself. Thanks to everyone for playing and goodnight! :mug:

Latest posts

Back