Beer Gun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lost Brews

Reaction score
I recently purchased the beer gun for bottleing my beer from the keg for competition. The problem is that when ever i bottle the beer for some reason i lose alot but not all the carbonation and when i pour the beer i has little to no head. the beer in the keg has great head and head retention an the perfect carbonation. I am stumped on how to mantain that when i bottle it. If you are familiar with the beer gun please help i am doing everything the instructions say and still i get the same results.

Cheers

I've had good luck with my beer gun by making sure I slightly over carb the keg and chill the bottles prior to filling. They hold carbonation fine that way.

You may also want to check out BierMuncher's No stinking beer gun thread He's acheived great results with his set up.

I put the bottles in the freezer for a while to chill them and its been working great. Turn the pressure down just enough so it doesn't foam over and it should be the same in the bottle as it was in the keg.

I keep a corny full of starsan and flush my beer gun out with it and then leave it full of starsan and keep it inside the kegerator, then when I am ready to use it again I just starsan the outside and flush the starsan out with beer and fill all the bottles I need.
I do take it apart and completely clean it about every month or so, that works out to about 2 or 3 uses between complete disassembly.

Back