dirty, dirty, dirty...... yiikes....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OHHHH!!!!!! Stop the snarking.

If a troll makes one person think or chuckle, then he is successful. 5 pages in, do you doubt it?

I counted on my tap water as good enough to clean UNTIL I got an infected batch. MAN, does that change your opinion in a hurry.

Most water heaters are set to at least 140ish to kill off nasty bugs. Even if it's only 120 at the faucet, it was higher at some point. Not sterile, but very clean. Especially if it's chlorinated from a municipality.

I don't think OP was trolling, just sharing his experience.

Yeh, and why do some folks seem to find it necessary to not just disagree but to belittle anothers choices in their process. I am definitely not the best sanitizer with my stuff but haven't had an infected batch yet but I see no problem with those that sanitize every little thing every time. Its their choice as is how I brew is my choice and the OP's. I don't think he belittled anyone for sanitizing. Live and let live, I always say :) When my haphazard brewing gets to the point I want to Lean Sigma the process, sanitation is the easiest place to start but for now I am happy to be making beer.

The only person belittling anyone was the OP. I quoted him saying something along the lines of "how you guys use that stuff and still get infections is beyond my comprehension"

Anyhow... Moving along

The only person belittling anyone was the OP. I quoted him saying something along the lines of "how you guys use that stuff and still get infections is beyond my comprehension"

Anyhow... Moving along

Excellent way to take something out of context to make a (very) weak point. I suggest anger management. You'd be surprised how much better your outlook on life is when you are not angry most the time.

Also not sure why some would consider this post trolling. There have been a few posts on cleanliness lately and I think my post is topical. Perhaps there is something besides not starting out with a sanitized environment that is contributing. As I pointed out, I rarely sanitize and never have cleanliness issues. Of course YMMV.

Suggesting anger management is pretty belittling. May I suggest seeing a psychologist? You seem to have a super ego that needs adjustment. Maybe you grew up with a hoarder, so you're used to brewing with a mess? There's counseling for that as well.

;)

Easy sluggers. It's the internet. I'm sure you're both fine chaps. Relax. Have a home brew.

It does amaze me that people who would never speak to another person impolitely have absolutely no problem doing so over the internet. Would one talk to another person in a pub in this manner when discussing their brewing methods? Possibly, as I have noticed that polite behavior is on the decline. Oh well.

Excellent way to take something out of context to make a (very) weak point. I suggest anger management. You'd be surprised how much better your outlook on life is when you are not angry most the time.

Also not sure why some would consider this post trolling. There have been a few posts on cleanliness lately and I think my post is topical. Perhaps there is something besides not starting out with a sanitized environment that is contributing. As I pointed out, I rarely sanitize and never have cleanliness issues. Of course YMMV.

Second time you've suggested that I am angry or mad... Hmm.

It does amaze me that people who would never speak to another person impolitely have absolutely no problem doing so over the internet. Would one talk to another person in a pub in this manner when discussing their brewing methods? Possibly, as I have noticed that polite behavior is on the decline. Oh well.

You are spot on accept I think this is almost exclusive to the Internet. The people I meet in person are as polite as ever. The anonymity of the Internet brings this out of people. Some people are quite narcissistic and Sociopaths and the anonymous nature of the Internet really amplifies these conditions. If you do not agree with their view, they really take it quite personally. It is like you just insulted their mom. They feel rage, hatred, emptiness, etc. They do not argue to learn, or even to listen, they simply want to spread their viewpoint and quash all other viewpoints. Many of these types do not even read entire posts, they keyword skim and are formulating their reply - attack really - before they even finish reading. There is no room in their life for anyone else' opinion. It is their way or the highway. Oh well. I've moved on. This thread will probably get locked anyway.

Back