1st time brewing sober, 1st time making a mistake

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamPag

Reaction score
Seriously... Im on a total detox/cleanse (which is becoming a habit every 4-6 months, highly recommend) so im not drinking alcohol at all for at least 14 days.
So Last nite I decided to brew up my last batch of ingredients because they've been sitting for about a month.

Everything went about as it usually does, except more boring. In my soberiety, I forgot the whirlflock addition, which im extra pissed at my self considering when im drinking/brewing I never skip a beat. Its a Blonde (thats getting an apricot addition) so its SUPPOSED to be rather clear, I can deal with it having a little haze, im just venting. IF I wanted more clarity, what can I do while its in the fermenter? Gelatin ive heard, but never seen the need, so Idk how to use it properly.

The only added benefit to sober brewing... I hit a record brew time, 3 hours 20 mins... while drinking its more like 4hrs - 4.5

The only added benefit to sober brewing... I hit a record brew time, 3 hours 20 mins... while drinking its more like 4hrs - 4.5

Is this an all grain beer? How'd you get it done so quick, if that's the case?

I haven't bothered with any clarifying agents yet. Some of my beers are crystal clear, some a bit hazy. You could cold crash, then transfer to secondary on the fruit. Then cold crash and bottle. A week in the fridge after 3 weeks bottle conditioning and it should be clear.

My wheat beer is crystal clear if I don't get some yeast sediment in it, I didn't secondary, cold crash, or do anything to it!

No this was just a PM PB (impossible to AG that fast) recipe is 7lbs Light LME, 8oz 15L, 1 oz willamette for 60 mins, S-05

Back