Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, this is what I hope to build in the next month or so. It should hold six cornys, but I'm only planning on having 5 faucets. There will be a fan under the base that draws air down the sides whenever the compressor kicks in, and there will be cold air circulated through the tower also.

7674-KeezerWide3.jpg

blefferd said:
hey attitude, im going to be building my kegorator with a top facuet like yours was it hard to do? i bought a 1 1/8" hole saw for the piping im going to start out with 2 kegs but move up to 3-4 or more i was given a huge chest freezer that could prolly hold 2 half barrels!

can you post some pics of the inside? also what do you use to control the temp? mine is sitting around 9f at the warmest setting which im sure will freeze beer lol

Hre is some of the inside

DSC04870.JPG

DSC04871.JPG

DSC04872.JPG

DSC04873.JPG

Kegerator / Junk Storage Shelf.

I need a tower. I was supposed to get one for my birthday, but Mrs. Cheese put very little effort into gift buying this year. :(

IMG_1035.JPG

dylan8678 said:
Still have some more work to be done. Need to add 2 more towers and repaint, but it's getting there.

DSC00420.jpg

DSC00419.jpg

Dylan I think we need some details, how did you finish the outside of that?

Todd said:
Dylan I think we need some details, how did you finish the outside of that?

I just used some cheap spray paint for the top. The bottom part is contact paper. The freezer was in bad shape and I had to have it presentable for a party we are having soon. I'll probably end up starting over in a couple of months and doing it right, but for now it looks decent enough.

Jester369 said:
Well, this is what I hope to build in the next month or so. It should hold six cornys, but I'm only planning on having 5 faucets. There will be a fan under the base that draws air down the sides whenever the compressor kicks in, and there will be cold air circulated through the tower also.

7674-KeezerWide3.jpg

I like the look of that. It reminds me of one I have seen before. :D

CIMG10072.jpg

I would suggest a hindged top that opens just in fron of the drip tray.

dylan8678 said:
Nice!! How much did the tower run you?

The tower was about $65 shipped from http://www.acumetalfab.com/ It's the 3", 12" tall two hole tower. I wanted forward sealing faucets, so decided to put the tower together myself, a bit more $ than a premade one but less expensive than replacing the faucets on a cheap one and turned out nicer overall.

rcdirtbuggy said:
kegerator2.jpg

This is a photo of my vintage kegerator.

We need more pictures of this. Did you "vintage" this up yourself, or is it actually a modded old fridge? Either way it looks sweet, well done. :mug:

Here is my kegerator. Brought to you by a grant from the Flyin' Lion Foundation. Because a Sanyo 4912 is a terrible thing to waste.....

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

Flyin' Lion said:
We need more pictures of this. Did you "vintage" this up yourself, or is it actually a modded old fridge? Either way it looks sweet, well done. :mug:

No this is actually vintage, the tower, Faucet, Railing and well, everything is original. I had to really clean it up and replace the power cords to get it looking nice. It had been sitting in some guys garage under a tarp for the last 20 some odd years, so he let me take it off his hands for the best price i've ever seen (Free). She runs great But my electric bill has gone up a bit. Oh well it's worth it. And I believe this isn't a mod either, I think it was originally marketed as a kegerator. I don't know though because the company that made it is no longer in business.

finally here are some pics of mine, i still need to run lines up to the tap and thats it :) eventually im going to install gold shirron faucets in it x3. i just finished installing it today!

the ceramic tower is kinda wobblie because of the thin metal on the freezer door but i think i can fix that with some strap steel or aluminium.

DSC00073.jpg

this is what it looked like when i first got it

DSC00085.jpg

here it is after i painted it and put the tower on it

DSC00086.jpg

My wife and I made a deal. I could put it on the porch (right outside of the sliding door to my family/TV room) if she could decorate it. I was okay with that.

1 homebrew keg dispensed
1 homebrew keg carbonating
1 homebrew rootbeer (picnic tap)
1 commercial beer (just until this one is done, then I'm switching to homebrew only. That 1/4 keg of Yuengling has been in there for ~6 months because I'm not drinking it and only company does.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Just finished this afternoon.

Now on to the Chesterator...

The SWMBO even gave me permission to install this off the main kitchen.

"...I swear...I get a little wood everytime I open the pantry door and see this..."
Kegger1.JPG

Kegger5.JPG

Kegger.JPG

I finally got my build diary of sorts completed. I actually built it back in '04 purely for commercial beer (before i started brewing), but this site and this thread inspired me to get the pics and such online.

Plus, I've just completed work on a new tower cooling device that's a bit different than most of what I've seen around.

Very open to hearing your comments or thoughts about the project: http://www.pbase.com/mrfebtober/kegerator_build

MrFebtober said:
I finally got my build diary of sorts completed. I actually built it back in '04 purely for commercial beer (before i started brewing), but this site and this thread inspired me to get the pics and such online.

Plus, I've just completed work on a new tower cooling device that's a bit different than most of what I've seen around.

Very open to hearing your comments or thoughts about the project: http://www.pbase.com/mrfebtober/kegerator_build

Nice!

From your post I see that you're an Edmund Fitzgerald fan.

As an FYI, Edmund Fitzgerald has a somewhat notorious connotation due to this post on what people are doing for New Year's 2006.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost.php?p=175656&postcount=14

olllllo said:
Nice!

From your post I see that you're an Edmund Fitzgerald fan.

As an FYI, Edmund Fitzgerald has a somewhat notorious connotation due to this post on what people are doing for New Year's 2006.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost.php?p=175656&postcount=14

LOL, oh man. That'll teach me to post my favorite brews and teh intarnets! My wife loves it, too....the beer! She loves the beer, you sickos! ;)

Brewpastor said:
I like the look of that. It reminds me of one I have seen before. :D

CIMG10072.jpg

I would suggest a hindged top that opens just in fron of the drip tray.

Oh yeah, yours was a strong influence on this design (ok, I totally stole it! :D) I am planning on having the top be completely separate from the base, attached to the lid of the freezer, tower and all. I just ordered the freezer today, so construction will commence in another week or so! :ban:

First of all I should say hello. I've been lurking around these boards for a while and now that a few final exams are out of the way I can take the time to post some photos of my kegerator. I removed the door handles and replaced the stock inside door panel with a piece of whiteboard material to increase the space in addition to removing the shelfs and building a platform to hold kegs. Oh yeah and the sweet two tone spraycan magic paintjob (better than old beige at least).

From the outside:
kegerator_001.jpg

And on the inside:
kegerator_002.jpg

Being in college means that at least one 1/2 barrel needs to be in there pretty much all the time but I have some new plans for my kegerator. I am almost done studying for a semester in Australia and when I get home I plan on upgrading the fridge a bit, soon as I get some money back in the reserves. I made a rough photo of what it should look like below.

future_kegerator.jpg

I had my roomates measure the fridge out and it seems like I should be able to fit 2 corny's along with a 1/2bbl. :rockin:
I should probably go to the new member forum and properly introduce myself soon...

Back