Do homebrewers smoke?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you smoke?

• Yes

• No

• Only when I drink

• Sometimes

Results are only viewable after voting.
I used to smoke 1-2 packs a day until I found Swedish snus. Since then, I occasionally will smoke a nasty cigarette or even a black and mild. I tend to smoke on occasion to remind myself as to why I quit in the first place. Snus is much more enjoyable IMO. (And I still get my nicotine!)
-Me

Hows the whole drinking thing sit with your liver? ;)

I know, anything in moderation.
I'd say Cigarettes are a lot higher on the danger scale and than beer.

Bars in Oregon are smoke free now. Sure is weird being in certain types of bar without a smokescreen...

Ohio is smoke free as well and I think it's great. Bars are much more enjoyable.

Don't smoke, don't date smokers, don't go to places that allow smoking. I don't even like candles on the table. The only smoke around here is inside Bertha.

My dad smoked for about 53 years. Finally quit after 3 strokes. Still refuses to believe that smoking is bad. Claims that smoking helps lower his blood pressure and that quitting caused him to have his second smoke.

That sort of denial isn't unusual for the holder smokers. They were told that cigs were good for them back in the day.

I understand the trouble the older generations having with quitting due to the lack of knowledge about it all when they started, but I cannot for the life of me understand people who have taken up smoking in the last 20-30 years. It just doesn't make any sense to me to start something that you KNOW will kill you.

And you will never know until you smoke yourself.

Smoke an e-cig (with my homebrewed nicotine-free e-liquid; I just do it for taste. Smoke candy!), have a pipe collection (though I haven't smoked my pipe in quite some time), and I'll have a cigar on occasion.

E-cigs are banned in Norway. Not legal to import.

I quit about 6 years ago. After 2-3 months, I started tasting things I'd never been able to taste before. If you want to REALLY appreciate the beer you put so much effort into, don't smoke....

Both are extract. The American Red recipe I'm getting from my LHBS. EdWort's Haus Pale I picked up right here, it's really popular around here I'm guessing!

Great! I have not advanced to grain brewing yet, and I'm a bit tired of Coopers. :) I hope they will send it to Norway!

Does it count if I quit 2 weeks ago?

(Yeah I know, nobody likes a quitter, etc. etc...)

Yes it does! I quit 12-13 year ago and I know how hard it is. The best years of my life were when I wasn't smoking. I whish you good luck. Stay in there!

I use to smoke when I was drinking during college. I occasionally have a cigarette, maybe once every 3 months. Also a cigar also about once every 3 months. I never have ANY desire to smoke unless I'm drinking and I actually find it to be gross when not drinking. Oh well.

I use to smoke when I was drinking during college. I occasionally have a cigerette, maybe once every 3 months. Also a cigar also about once every 3 months. I never have ANY desire to smoke unless I'm drinking and I actually find it to be gross when not drinking. Oh well.

Nicotine dependency isn't something to be kidding about. You are lucky to be able stay away from it!

Not any more, at least not cigs. Bad for me and WAY to expensive.

You live in Norway too? If not I understand. In Norway people are paid awfully much (why everything is so expensive here), but even here $13 for a pack is expensive.

I voted no, well, because I don't and probably never will. Unless of course my doctor tells me I have to quit drinking then maybe because at my age I could proabably smoke until it kills me and by then I will be on my way out anyway. Just kidding of course! ;)

I should start a poll in this forum. "Do smokers Homebrew" I would get a 100% that ALL smokers brew their own! Ya just gotta ask the right question to a specific audience. Move over cable "news" channel polls..... I know how it's done! :D

Back