Moving primary in car

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzydog1

Reaction score
So I have a pale ale fermenting in its primary at my brother in laws house. Prior to dry hopping it I want to move it to my house. Any harm in driving 15 miles with it? Will the moving and shaking do any harm? Thoughts?

One thing too is cover it up so no sunlight hits it especially if it's in a carboy. Besides that there shouldn't be any harm in moving it. Yeast will get stirred back in but as long as you're not planning on changing it over to secondary immediately after the trip you're fine. Cheers.

I would also make sure its sealed up real good to avoid any of that yummy goodness ending up all over the place....try explaining that to a police officer if you get pulled over lol.

I would also make sure its sealed up real good to avoid any of that yummy goodness ending up all over the place....try explaining that to a police officer if you get pulled over lol.

That's quite an open container you've got there. Please step out of the car slowly. Keep your hands where I can see them.

Back