So easy and good "we should cook this more often"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pavesa: Prepare tomato soup, brown a sandwich bread slice per serving with butter/margarine with garlic and prepare a fried egg per serving, I like mine with a soft yolk. Put the bread on the bowl, the egg on top, pour the soup on top, add some cream and sprinkle some parmesan on top. Nice and easy for a lighter feeling dinner.

Maybe I am some kind of freak, but I always just make something up using whatever ingredients I have on hand. I don't keep condensed soup stocked in my cabinets. Not that I have anything against it; I just never eat it or use it, so it never occurs to me to buy any. I always just make soups and whatnot from scratch, since it doesn't really take that long anyway. e.g. cream of mushroom soup you can just use sour cream, creme fraiche, heavy cream, or milk, and I usually have at least one of those. I do usually have a couple cans of tomato paste, and some canned beans, though, and we have unlimited supplies of Japanese curry mix because my wife always buys a ton of it when it's on sale for dirt cheap.

Speaking of mushrooms and cream, though, I do enjoy making beef stroganoff, and that is a pretty quick and easy dish to make. Some mushrooms, onion, garlic, and beef and heat that up with sour cream with appropriate spicing. I usually dump in some wine or beer, too. Heat up some egg noodles to go with it, and I like halving and pan-frying brussels sprouts for a veggie with it. Brussels sprouts are so tasty when you carmelize them a bit in the pan, and it only takes a few minutes to make them.

Get a crock pot. Requires foresight but it's pretty much, put food in, turn on, eat in 8 hours.

Roast (beef or pork)
Packet or two of powdered Italian salad dressing
Pepperoncini peppers with all the juice
Maybe a cup of water

Put all that in the crock pot and let it go for about 8 hours. Fix any side dish you like or pull it apart and make sandwiches. It comes out super tender and juicy.

Or beer?

Latest posts

Back