Should I dry hump my Cream Ale...?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Mojo Rising

Reaction score
I used Wilmette as a finish on it but I don't know if putting more in the secondary will mask the malt. Anyone dry "humped" one before?

(That is what the SWMBO makes fun of me with when I talk beer in front of her, dirty little vixen)

Mr. Mojo Rising said:
I used Wilmette as a finish on it but I don't know if putting more in the secondary will mask the malt. Anyone dry "humped" one before?

(That is what the SWMBO makes fun of me with when I talk beer in front of her, dirty little vixen)

Chatham, IL. Hmm.

http://homebrewtalk.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=310738

Stay outta Schaumburg, sicko.

;)

I don't think Cream Ales usually call for dry hopping.

Stylistically, it might sound appropriate to dry hump it, but I wouldn't go all American Pie on it, either.

Not sure if I should laugh or cry. I've certainly mispronounced brew terms before, but this one is a CLASSIC.

For the record, I haven't dry humped anything since jr high.

Thanks for my morning laugh. I almost choked on my coffee!

Well, taste it. If it "needs" more flavor, go ahead and dry hump it. Otherwise, I wouldn't. A cream ale should be fairly light in the hops department.

If you're going to put it in a contest, don't dry hop.
If it's just to drink, you can do anything you want if you like the way it tastes.

seefresh said:

Ok, I realized there was some technicality that would make that untrue. If you consider a lap dance as dry humping, then...well, I won't go there.

Of course, in my morning non-awakedness I didn't even grab the association between dry humping and a cream ale.

Please, do not add ANY cream flavoring to your beer via the dry hump method. It is not sanitary, and definately will cause the stringy floaties seen with other typical infections.

jezter6 said:
Ok, I realized there was some technicality that would make that untrue. If you consider a lap dance as dry humping, then...well, I won't go there.

Of course, in my morning non-awakedness I didn't even grab the association between dry humping and a cream ale.

Please, do not add ANY cream flavoring to your beer via the dry hump method. It is not sanitary, and definately will cause the stringy floaties seen with other typical infections.

officially gone too far...

can you send a linky around for the recipe you used for the orange cream ale? Or... has anyone seen a Buffalo bill's orange cream clone recipe? I'm making the next batch for my female roommate who joyfully tolerates the apartment's beer smells.

Back