I knew it...."Hope for guys: Beer ingredient eyed in prostate cancer prevention"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man o man,

beer is good for you, wine is good for you, coffee is good for you...

what's next, blow and hookers?

MOD EDIT: Threads merged.

Beer may help prevent prostate cancer

HEIDELBERG, Germany -- It is a story guys everywhere have been waiting to hear. Beer may actually help prevent prostate cancer. (Sorry Yoopers) :)

Preliminary evidence shows an ingredient in beer that's derived from hops is able to block the effect of testosterone on the prostate.

However, one doctor told USA Today that if beer could prevent prostate cancer, we would already see lower rates of it.

Researches agree more research needs to be done before any conclusions can be made.

Well, just think how high the cancer rate would be if it weren't for beer! I'm heading down stairs for the keezer with a pair of latex gloves... :)

you might have to ingest the beer, er, backwards, to get the biggest benefit from your miller light though.

~M~

Now if only I could convince my insurance company that DFH 90 minute should be included in my prescription plan under "preventative treatment"!

MOD EDIT: Threads merged.

However, one doctor told USA Today that if beer could prevent prostate cancer, we would already see lower rates of it.

That may not be necessarily true: people have been drinking beer for a long time, so we are already likely seeing the effect of beer consumption on current prostate cancer statistics.

Back