Partigyle Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boleslaus

Reaction score
I brewed my IPA today (PM) and since I just recently acquired some small buckets from the bakery, I decided to experiment a bit. After I mashed my grains for the IPA I sparged like normal. I then sparged again for this 1 gal partigyle recipe. I know I run the risk of extracting some tannins, especially since I didn't check the gravity of my runnings. However, its only 1 gal and I repitched onto another yeast cake, so it was free.

Here is the grain bill from the IPA:

2 lb. Munich
12 oz 2-Row
8 oz Crystal 60L
8 oz Flaked Wheat
4 oz Crystal 80L

My 1 gal partigyle came out to 1.033 after I added 4 oz of Light DME. I hopped it to around 20 ibu's with mt. hood and then added a decent size dose at 7 min also (either EKG or Cascade...unknown leftover bag in my freezer). Total ibu's around 27.

What type (edit haha) of beer is this going to make? I've never tried this before. Thanks for the insight!

Defintiely about 11:39am.

--LexusChris

:D

p.s. just kidding ... was that 12 oz of 2-row or 12 lbs? 5 gallon batch on the IPA? Looks like a nice pale or amber ale.. but style doesn't matter. If you get a drinkable extra beer out of it .. it was free! :) Good luck!

12 oz. I mashed 4 lbs in 5.5 quarts, then added 6 lbs light DME. 5.5 gal batch.

Latest posts

Back