blue ez cap bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr jones

Reaction score
i was wondering if anyone knew if the blue bottles provided any sunlight protection for the beer or if its just decorative. i know brown is the most protective but i'm kindda digging the blue, but if it doesn't protect thats a lot of money i'd be wasting. i was also wondering if there are any down sides to the ez cap bottles in the first place? i am using the PET bottles that came with my kit and will do so until i feel comfortable with the priming sugars and carbonation process. thanks again you guys

-nick

mr jones said:
i was wondering if anyone knew if the blue bottles provided any sunlight protection for the beer or if its just decorative.
Decorative and very little protection.

mr jones said:
i know brown is the most protective but i'm kindda digging the blue, but if it doesn't protect thats a lot of money i'd be wasting.
Depends on the price you put on aesthetics.

mr jones said:
i was also wondering if there are any down sides to the ez cap bottles in the first place?
Price only. You can find them at yard sales as I have for pennys each.

Wild

Latest posts

Back