planning ahead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluedragoon85

Reaction score
I'm planning on making some brews (many batches) for the warmer/hotter days later on. I was thinking of making some lighter refreshing brews that will quench my thirst and will come one after another. I plan on making some wheat beers and maybe some Kolsh as well. What are some good summer Ales that wont hold you back? (in terms of ABV) and will keep you asking for more. :mug:

Hefeweizen, American Wheat and Kolsch you already mentioned.

Saison, Ordinary or Best bitter, Blonde Ale, Cream Ale, APA, maybe a drier English Mild would be some other choices.

Hefeweizen, American Wheat and Kolsch you already mentioned.

Saison, Ordinary or Best bitter, Blonde Ale, Cream Ale, APA, maybe a drier English Mild would be some other choices.

Thanks! does all seem like good brews right there. I was also thinking about doing a mild. Sounds like a a nice and light brown ale to chug during does hot days. I really want to stock up on home brew for when does hot days come so I have a cold one awaiting me. There aint nothing better then a home brew:mug:

If you are AG, a buddy of mine made a stellar Rice/Mexican beer. Look up recipes based on Rice and Corn.

If you are AG, a buddy of mine made a stellar Rice/Mexican beer. Look up recipes based on Rice and Corn.

I'm interested in seeing what the recipe is if you happen to have it. I live right on the border with Mexico and U.S.A. and well I drink a lot of Mexican beer (much of it is just tweaked American Lager beer). Unfortunately I'm not into AG yet, but hopefully sometime in the future.

Question:
Concerning making beer for the hotter days. I was planning on making a weissbier, hefeweizen, and a dunkelweizen (one after another). I was also planning on using the same yeast cake for the next two brews. How do I have to approach this? (n00b question). Is it necessary to clean or scrape the excess of the sides of the fermenter? or can I just place the wort of the next brew strait into the fermenter after bottling the other stuff?

Back