• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New 40 gallon SS pots - $249

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO, far too thin... I wouldn't use anything thinner than 18 gauge, with 16, or less being preferred. My keggles are 1.3mm thick. :rockin:

Besides, those things are butt-ugly. As in "shave it's ass and make it walk backwards" ugly. :eek:

yeah that is what I figured but in case someone was interested I figured I would share. I am not in the market for one.

Yeah, some people only want cheap and care less about quality. :rolleyes: I'm good with my keggles, for now. When I'm ready for the next size increase, I'll be looking at Stout Tanks for the BK and MLT, maybe even the HLT if one of my keggles won't do the trick.

They say they are soldered so I would think you couldn't direct fire, it would have to be electric

They say they are soldered so I would think you couldn't direct fire, it would have to be electric

IF it's silver soldered, it's fine for direct fire. Provided it's not the bottoms soldered onto the sides. :eek: Looks like the bottoms could be soldered on. Not sure if I would trust it for use on a gas burner... I think how safe it is will come down to the size of the kettle, size of the burner, and how large the flame is.

Still, silver solder has a high melting point (not like the tin solder you use on copper pipe). If I recall, it's over 1000F. Now that I have my welding rig at home, along with a good amount of the silver solder rods I had purchased many years back (stuff is NOT cheap these days) I have the option of welding/soldering in my own fittings. :rockin:

IME, you need to get the metal cherry hot in order to solder with silver solder. I've not had that on my keggles.

Back