• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Grain Mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smits07

Reaction score
Beginning my ventures into all-grain brewing. Anyone by chance selling and adjustable roller mill? I'm kinda cheap and don't want to buy new if I don't have to. Will pay shipping or pick up in the Fort Wayne, IN area.

Or anyone got good suggestions for buying a new roller mill?

I'm the king of cheap, and broke down and bought a mill.
I looked into even building a mill myself, and came to the conclusion that unless you have all the tooling and equipment to build it, it would have cost me just as much and taken twice as long to make one myself than it would have taken to order one and receive it in the mail.
You can wait it out and try to find one for cheap, but you may be waiting for a long time.
Buy a Monster Mill. You won't regret it.

Just do it.

There's a diy thread on making one out of a pasta maker, search "pasta mill"
My 2¢
I made one and it worked as far as a good crush but it was slow, I'd mill the day before and a 15# grain bill would take half an hour. Then one time after hunching over it for a 1.085 grain bill my back locked up and I knew that this is a tool to invest in.

thanks for the advise everyone. I think I may have to just foot the bill and get one. The Pasta mill thing seems like something I may want to learn from your mistake runs4beer. By the way I love your quote!:
Wow Dad, there sure are a lot of rules in beer brewing, you sure you're having fun?
-Norah, age 5.

Thats great!

I have been looking at just buying a crank and stein and building the base or buying the monster mill. Monster mill isn't really that much more and is all put together. Been back and forth on buying a Corona mill. But if I am going to invest in a mill, I'll just go all out and buy a rolling mill.

I believe the mill will pay for itself when base malt is $2 locally at the store here... Buying in bulk will save me money and pay for the mill in a fairly short amount of time.

Had both crankandstine & monstermill my monster mill crushes the grain better and faster had problems with feed on my crankandstine ! Have had No problems with the monster mill my brother in law just ordered his own monstermill they have fast shipping bob

I have an adjustable malt mill for sale. $75, not sure what the shipping costs would be...I live in PA. All it needs is to be mounted to a piece of wood to sit on your bucket. I have a piece of wood that would work, it's just not mounted yet. If you're interested at all I can grab some photos for you.

Comes with the handle as well. Should also point out I'd be up for trading for a 50 foot wort chiller straight up, or 3 five gallon ball lock kegs, I'll add a few bucks to the deal.

I would check out this thread:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/my-ugly-junk-corona-mill-station-90849/

I ordered one of these things a few weeks back for $20 including shipping. It's not exactly the most pretty thing, in fact I had to add a few washers and whatnot before it was even really usable, but for the $1 or $2 or so of hardware I had to pick up to make it functional was definitely worth it. This sucker is not a thin little aluminum mill either. There's some solid weight and metal behind it. Even though the craftsmanship is pretty crappy I don't expect it to fail anytime soon. I definitely get good crushes from it and if it happens to really get messed up after a year or so then so what. I spent less than $25 for the full setup including a larger hopper and all.

Just my $0.02.

Back