How many gallons of EdWort's Apfelwein have been made?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mixed up my first batch last night... anyone else feel weird walking out of the grocery store with nothing but a cart full of apple juice?

1738.5 + 5 = 1743.5 gal

ryser2k said:
anyone else feel weird walking out of the grocery store with nothing but a cart full of apple juice?

I threw in some body wash and told the woman at the check out I was set for hibernating for the next 8 months, ha ha

1748 + 5 = 1753

Revisiting this wonderful recipe now that I heard my roomate loves apply juice and alcohol (currently seperatly). Cant wait to let him try this.

I bought cane sugar instead of corn sugar by mistake and added the whole 2lb + a 1lb brown sugar. Do you all think the corn will screw with the taste at all?

gonzoflick said:
1748 + 5 = 1753
I bought cane sugar instead of corn sugar by mistake and added the whole 2lb + a 1lb brown sugar. Do you all think the corn will screw with the taste at all?

:off: Yes! - It will make it taste cidery. :D - - I don't think so, you should be good to go.

After three weeks of staring at my puny one gallon jugs of Apfelwein, I just couldn't stand the shame any more. As I walked the city streets, I was sure every passerby was whispering "That's the wimp who made only two gallons...and he calls himself a man!"

So, I just mixed up five more. I'm walking tall again.

1753 + 5 = 1758.

1758 + 5 = 1763 in north carolina math!

recipe looked like fun, quick easy and I had a spare carboy so..

My first batch, looking forward to trying it.

ryser2k said:
Mixed up my first batch last night... anyone else feel weird walking out of the grocery store with nothing but a cart full of apple juice?

1738.5 + 5 = 1743.5 gal
I felt even weirder comparing all of the apple juices in the aisle.

my brother and sister in law want me to make them this.....another 5 gallons coming this week

The wife just picked up another 5 gal of apple juice yesterday so you can put me down for another 5gal.

1788+5=1793

i made 4 kegs of apfelwein for a friends wedding on 8.11.07

so that's 20 more gallons

1803 + 20 = 1823

I used apfelwein as an excuse to buy another carboy... other two are currently full! Trying 2lb brown sugar and no corn sugar.

Having always used a primary, it's cool to see all the bubbles rising up the side in the carboy.

1833+5=1838

EdWort said:
Less than 200 to go till.

Two Thousand Gallons of Apfelwein!

why do youthink I posted that thread about how long till we get there not to long ago? :D

I have the feeling that someone has a stash of apple juice on the shelf at home just waiting to lay claim to the 2000th gallon. Maybe we should let EdWort have the honors... :)

ryser2k said:
I have the feeling that someone has a stash of apple juice on the shelf at home just waiting to lay claim to the 2000th gallon. Maybe we should let EdWort have the honors... :)

I think that was tried for the 1000th without success. Ed needs to brew 138 gallons right now to guarentee he gets the 2000th gallon:mug:

Latest posts

Back