Larger bottles... where can I buy some?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orangevango

Reaction score
Where can a person buy a case of magnum sized champagne bottles? It would be even better if they were brown, but Im not holding much hope for that one. Ive searched the web and a can not find any. I also would like to find some brown 750ml bottles that will accept a normal crown cap.

I get mine from the four star hotel/resort down on the harbor... for free. Swing around back on a Monday and raid the glass recycling bins. I asked for permission once, and since then I just go for it without asking. Keep some homebrew in your car to give to anyone who asks questions! I do the same thing with a few local restaurants for 22oz brown bottles, as well.

To lordbeermestrength that is not a champagne bottle; you can not do carbonated beverages in normal wine bottles. Sorry. Thanks for the effort though.

The green bottles that lordbeermestrength posted a picture of and a link to are champagne, they have both clear splits and green champagne bottles on northernbrewer but they are not magnums...

That is not a champagne bottle.

There is not enough lip to hold a champagne wire.

He just posted the wrong picture. they do have clear splits and green 750's
bottle-6513.jpg
bottle-6501.jpg

Back