You Wanna Read Some Serious Anti-Beer Propaganda?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to "The Bible Says" and closed the think. I figured it was some religious nut.

For what it's worth (defending the minority of rational and sane believers of my own faith), here is a website that goes through nearly every Biblical reference to alcohol. The conclusion is that, of course, drunkenness is condemned. But hell, we condemn that in general in the beer drinking community!

Bible.org: The Bible and Alcohol

Doesn't the Pvb 31:6,7 in your sig kinda contradict that? I'd need to be pretty loaded to forget I was destitute.

`Some batches of beer are so cloudy and unappetizing no one would dare drink them`

Apparently these folks are not fans of heifs

They forgot to mention that the largest ingredient in beer is water, or as they would have probably listed it "the dreaded di-hydrogen-monoxide".

These guys also don't believe in DNA and lots of other stuff.
Loonies.

FRAUDS AND FAKES #2
(DNA)

There are 50 trillion cells in the human body. If you extracted all the information from the DNA it would fill only 2 tablespoons.
If the DNA was stretched out it would reach from the earth to the moon and back 5 million times.
If you filled a book with all the information contained in DNA you would have enough to fill the Grand Canyon 40 times.
The chance of creating one DNA molecule by CHANCE is 1 x 10119,000
In other words - IMPOSSIBLE!

pfft. the church has been using fear to get people to do what they want since the very inception of organized religion. and this is a blanket statement. with exception to FSMism.

die Wahrheit........

.Minerals and Trace Elements
There are roughly 1,500 parts per million (ppm) of some 30 minerals and trace elements combined in beer. This is the equivalent of 1,500 milligrams per liter or per 0.264 gallons (about one quart). Such nutritive loading alone makes beer an exceptionally healthy beverage..

Wow, thank goodness I'm Catholic - I've never met a teetotaler Catholic. Nevermind that red wine is long known to provide antioxidants that reduce heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and cataracts and that beer was recently found to provide the same amount of antioxidants as red wine.

Chemistry FAIL! Pfft. How about logic FAIL.

Their chemistry and biology understanding is sub-elementary, and is a exquisite example of how higher reasoning is clearly not a prerequisite for membership in the Christian religion. That's not to say that Christianity and higher reasoning are mutually exclusive. It's just that there is typically a negative correlation between the two.

He says that beer cannot rightfully be called a food; that it is devoid of protein, vitamins, or minerals. And that it is full of toxic calories.

Questions:
What is maltose, the primary sugar of beer?
What is the purpose of hot-break?
What are yeast?
I can go on. You get the point.

He says that you can tell by looking at the chemical formula that geraniol is a member of the alcohol clan...

Oh... my... god...
idiot.

Oh my god, not another one... I ran acorss somthing like this when i was looking for a good cigar shop online.... The website showed a skull and cross bones smoking a cigar and listed much the same bull about tobaco... Thefunny thing was that the site was open to comments and a user had comemented what i have tired to rewrite for you bellow... see if you are presuaded to stop using the substance he talks about after you read when i can remember from his post... unfortuantly i can not find the site anymore due to my disdane for it liekly, but if you can i would be very happy to see lthe comment in question in full... Also my chemistry teacher in highschool somthing alot like this...

There is an evil and horrid substance we all use daily which is a blight on our world. It is vial and unforgiving and knowns no master. We give it to our children and our older family members and we should all be ashmed of ourselve for our own ingestion. It has so many horriable properties that i can not list them all but i will list the most offal here.

# This horiable substance contains two of the most explosive substances known to man

# Is a key component in nuclear weapons and nuclear power

# a sample contains more heavy mettles and toxic waste then a toxic waste dump

# kills more people in one year then cancer, auto acidents, and heartdisease in the same ammout of time

# Destorys our people, our ways of life, and cost us billions of dallors a years to control its distributions and regulate it with our law

# is responsible for the biggest disasters in human history

# and emits radiation

These are jsut a few properties of this harmful and evil substance and i would urge you never to use it yourself or give it to your children. We must STOP the use of it the world over, then and only then will man kind be saved.

You know what the substance he is describing is???

Its water, the building block of life on our planet... now see how stupid this really all is???

Cheers

I found this hilarious. Its linked from that same site.
DURING THE PROHIBITION ERA (1919-1933):
  • Crime decreased 54%
Seriously? So everyone that was drinking, brewing, and distilling illegally were not braking the law? That didnt increase the crime rate at all? Interesting. So organized crime didnt flourish because of prohibition?

Gotta love it.

So reminds me of the truth.com commercials focusing on all the chemicals found in cigarettes, but not really making any statements about dosing or studies or any evidence whatsoever.
For example, urea, the main ingredient in urine is added to cigarettes. Yeah well, its in half the moisturizing lotions on the market too, whoop-de-doo.

What I would really like to see is a breakdown of the naturally occuring substances found in, say, organic wheat and the known ill effects of them in the style of this anti-beer page. It would really shed light on how biased and un-scientific this way of analyzing products that humans consume is.

By the way I do not use any tobacco products (anymore).

So reminds me of the truth.com commercials focusing on all the chemicals found in cigarettes, but not really making any statements about dosing or studies or any evidence whatsoever.
For example, urea, the main ingredient in urine is added to cigarettes. Yeah well, its in half the moisturizing lotions on the market too, whoop-de-doo.

Actually urine is about 90% salt water. Urea is just the way our bodies get rid of some nitrogen. What they don't tell you is that urea is also found many plants at levels higher than in humans because it is used as a fertilizer. So tobacco may be exposing you to higher levels of urea, but so is corn-on-the-cob.

I don't smoke but I hate when people exploit science to support a subjective worldview. If people want to smoke, let them. If people want to drink beer, let them. If there is overwhelming scientific evidence that shows that some activity increases your likelyhood of developing a disease, then tell them the facts, and let them decide.

Back