Help: cream of 3 crops - US-05

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DPveritasGold

Reaction score
Hello all,

I brewed up the famous cream of 3 crops ale 3 weeks ago with US-05, and am having trouble. I've left it in the primary fermenter for the entire three weeks and I'm still getting some very slow bubbling through the air lock. It might take a few minutes for each bubble to come but it definitely is still making bubbles.

The OG was 1.048, and the SG has been at 1.009 for an entire week now, although the reading I took this morning looked like it might have been a bit closer to 1.008.

I'm not sure what to do. I feel like most of the yeast has died off or something and there's not enough live yeast to get the job done. I have another pack of US-05, but at this stage with it at 1.009 Id really prefer not to have to pitch more yeast.

Any advice on what to do is appreciated. Thanks!!!

It is probably done. Airlock bubbling really does not mean much. It could be some off gassing, temperature differences or pressure difference.

Here is this one done yet? It is still bubbling.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say it is finished. I would not repitch any yeast. The yeast have done their job and it sounds like the gravity has stabilized. Bottle or keg.

I will take a sample in my fermenters this week, I have brewed this 3 crops 2 weeks ago, so i'm most likely gonna bottle up in 2 weeks just to be sure and let it sit in bottles for 2 other weeks. I have rehydrated the US-05 before use. It is fermenting between 66-68F though. i hope it is good ^^ I made a 10 Gallons batch for about 45$cad.

Samples.jpg

Back