Service cart for stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navy_Brewer

Reaction score
Anyone try using a service cart for a brewstand. Could be good for electric brewing.

I am thinking about trying this one and thought I would see if others had success or faiilure.

Clay

service cart.jpg

I'll be using one for my single-vessel system, though mine is the larger 24"X36" cart. It's rated to hold 450lbs (way more than a full kettle), though I'll be using a square steel beam between the center of the shelves, which will help make it a lot less flimsy.

I flipped the top shelf upside-down when I assembled it. I figured that would prevent any spills from pooling, and possibly getting on my control panel , or into my grain mill/motor.

I have one of these for my electric cart build, it is strong like bull for the money.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just building the same brew-stand that Kal built for his and throwing some casters on the bottom to wheel it around.

Clay, where you stationed at? Pearl Harbor here.

Never mind. Just went on my bi-weekly trip to the metal salvage yard looking for soda kegs and found a perfect cart.

Score!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way Snackson, I'm in Norfolk. I think Pearl would be great but I'm afraid I would treat it like one long vacation and forget I am employed.

photo.jpg

Anyone try using a service cart for a brewstand. Could be good for electric brewing.

I am thinking about trying this one and thought I would see if others had success or faiilure.

Clay

I was looking at those at the Harbor Freight store and they are made of very thin sheet steel.

What I was thinking was to mount a stainless steel double kitchen sink that I acquired in it. But, it might be too flimsy even for that.

Back