• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Help me on the pricing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevenb

Reaction score
Hello! I'm leaving the hobby as my interest in photography and Photoshop keeps me busy with my free time. I still like to drink beer though! I'm north of Seattle, and don't really expect to sell this here (though that would be cool,) but in reviewing my list can you tell me if it is a fair price to ask on Craigslist or some other local classified venue? I'm just looking for some cash to buy camera lenses! Thanks for any feedback.

ALL GRAIN BREWING SYSTEM
$800 Cash OBO

Rack and Kettles-

-Welded steel frame on heavy duty castors makes moving system easy

-Three high BTU propane burners and three LP tanks. Two 20# tanks and one 30#, all with OPD valves

-TIG welds on keg/kettles with stainless adapters for valves and thermometers

-Three Trend dial thermometers (one for each kettle) with 3” probes

-MT has insulated thermal wrap on exterior and on lid. Comes with stainless false bottom. Brewing kettle has copper manifold

Kegging Equipment-

7 Corney Kegs (ball lock) and assorted dispensing hoses

2 CO2 tanks (one large, one small) with regulators

1 Johnson Thermo-controller

Fermenting Equipment-

3 Five gallon glass carboys, 1 six gallon glass carboy

1 sanke keg with top cut out, in process of becoming a fermentor

Assorted rubber stoppers and airlocks

Assorted plastic fermentors, paddles, pyrex beaker for yeast starting

Extras-

-Crankenstein grain mill with handle, used once

-Copper coiled wort chiller

-Potable water hose and filter

-Many small extras

Man I wish I had 800 bucks, and lived on the west coast.... I'd buy that all in a second. Pricing seems good to me for a quick sale, you would get more parting it out though.

I think your price is LOW. I think you could get $800 w/o all the kegging equip. If it were me I would list it $1000-$1200 and see what you get. Or see if any local members will buy it for $800 and 20 gallons of brew from the sweet system they just bought. BTW, I wish I were in the area.

Great price - if I did not have my stuff I would take the drive up and grab it.

I agree $800 is a great price. Depends on how quick you want to move it. If you are wanting to move it quicker than keep it at $800. I'd say $1000 would be a fair price as well, but it may take longer to sell.

When I clicked on the picture link there was an add for a 4.00% home loan beneath the photo. If the home loan rate comes with the set-up I will buy it, cuz I'd need to buy a home to set all that up. :)

Glad you are enjoying the photo hobby, but sorry you have to let such a great brew setup go.

If it wouldn't cost twice as much as you are asking just to ship it I would snatch that deal up in a heartbeat! You should not have any trouble offloading at that price.

Thanks for the help on the pricing. I think I will bump it up a little and see how it goes. If anyone mentions HomeBrewTalk.com that comes to see it I will give it to them at the $800 price! :mug:

Cheers!

smb

You guys should check out the actual shipping cost if you are serious. At that price you can spend a bit on shipping and still be good. I have had stuff shipped by logistics companies and am always surprised how cheap it actually is. Stuff that would cost too much by UPS and the other big shippers.

Would all depend on the seller being willing to box or pallet though.

Just a thought.

You guys should check out the actual shipping cost if you are serious. At that price you can spend a bit on shipping and still be good. I have had stuff shipped by logistics companies and am always surprised how cheap it actually is. Stuff that would cost too much by UPS and the other big shippers.

Would all depend on the seller being willing to box or pallet though.

Just a thought.

+1 check on a logistics company. They can be less expensive than you think! If you spend $100-200 to go across the country, still might be worth it.

Back