I love free (good) stuff!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberbackpacker

Reaction score
My work has been undergoing renovations and my boss is pitching tons of stuff...

So, today I scored a free utility sink, about 40ft of copper tubing, about 2 dozen copper fittings, and two nice benches that will be used as picnic style benches for the biergarten/hopgarden area!

Another bonus: the contractor asked how far a run I was going to do on the utility sink and he cut sections of color coded (red/blue) pex tubing for me, and he threw on all of the necessary brass hardware, crimped them, and just gave me the stuff. He saved me about $40 with just the pex tubing and hardware!

It really was fortuitous as a utility sink was on my shopping list for my brew room I am in the midst of planning/building! Score. So that saved me about $100!

Oh, and I also picked up a free growler last week too!

I love free (good) stuff!

Just thought I'd share!

I thought these types of threads always started out with the obligatory "you suck!!" :D Just messin' with ya. I wish I could get lucky like that.

Nice haul! A co-worker of mine recently gave me 6 growlers and a dozen or so microbrewery pint glasses as well. Now I'm disappointed I didn't get a sink. :)

Nice work, I scored a Free Refrigerator yesterday that is now in my garage waiting for electric to be ran. First batch will be fermenting in it next weekend :)
Free stuff is good!

Nice irregularpulse, good score! Maybe I will take some pics of some of my hauls.

In addition to the above list, I also have about 200 square feet of hardwood flooring that is about 80 years old that I recovered before construction began. It is all tongue and groove really nice flooring... I pulled every single board, and pulled every siingle nail, from that flooring. It is going to be the new flooring in the brewery!

Back