What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10 new 1 gallon Cubitainers plus spigots, slated to be used as Polypins.

Next stop, cask ale at home! I'll be "bottling" my Pale Mild in these tomorrow night, and "tap" the first "cask" in a week or two. I'll be going about 1.2 volumes CO2 at first, but may raise or lower for the next round. I figure 1 gallon at a time is enough that I can kill one in 2-3 days without risking getting divorced for drinking too much ;)

20140721_164325[1].jpg

Got one from my lil Probe tuner today. " Dear master, The battery finally decided, after being in & out of shops since mid-April, that you should go F yourself. Your car". That's some $1.500 in her this year...:confused:

Got one from my lil Probe tuner today. " Dear master, The battery finally decided, after being in & out of shops since mid-April, that you should go F yourself. Your car". That's some $1.500 in her this year...:confused:

And the Probe probably didn't have the common courtesy to give you a reach around either. Typical car!

Ingredients for my Dampfbier do over. I got Danzen dry Weizen yeast this time. The smack pack came DOA last time.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Ingredients for my Dampfbier do over. I got Danstar dry Weizen yeast this time. The smack pack came DOA last time.

And the Probe probably didn't have the common courtesy to give you a reach around either. Typical car!
That's what I get for loving a 20 year old car that's what I'm looking for in one...:D Also, the name is a running gag over on probetalk.
Ingredients for my Dampfbier do over. I got Danzen dry Weizen yeast this time. The smack pack came DOA last time.

I definitely wanna know how the dry yeast works out on this go around...

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406078257.518290.jpg

Building a new double stir plate. Loving these fans already. Probably gonna get some more to build out my ferment chamber

Can I go with the last few days? Birthday just passed a few days ago and my family really went crazy! 8 gallon megapot 1.2 and Blichmann floor burner plus tons of little must have brewing items. I was in total shock. Now just need to brew my first batch ever!!! ha!

I can't wait for it to arrive in the mail! I just ordered three pounds of hops, and three two ounce bags from NikoBrew.

I had a $50 visa gift card that I got from a mail in rebate, and I got my order to come out to $49.92, shipped.

I'm stoked. The wife will have to give up some more room in the basement freezer. :D

I got one pound of each of the following; Cascade, Magnum, and Willamette. And two ounces for these; Chinook, Northern Brewer, and Nugget.

From Northern Brewer:

Rahr 2-Row Malt - 10 lb
Briess Bonlander Munich Malt - 4 lb
Briess Caramel 10L - 2 lb
Safale US-05 Ale Yeast
German Perle Hop Pellets 2 oz.
Czech Saaz Hop Pellets 3 oz.

Can you guess what I am cloning?

Got a couple shirts for some models to wear while I photograph them. :) I'm "working" for Raw Talent Clothing as a photog now -- I (or the models) buy the clothes, I photograph them, they use the photos in promotional materials and I get credited as the photog. :) If you decide to check out the clothes, you can buy 'em online. There's a link from their website (rawtalentclothing . net) to the online catalog

From the land of Yoopers. Price for the cherries wasn't bad ($44 for 10 pounds) but the shipping has to be overnight and that's the killer. Didn't have a choice since there are no fresh, tart cherries to be had around here. Their website is http://www.friske.com if you want to look it over, but you have to call to order them (because of the overnight shipping.)

From the land of Yoopers. Price for the cherries wasn't bad ($44 for 10 pounds) but the shipping has to be overnight and that's the killer. Didn't have a choice since there are no fresh, tart cherries to be had around here. Their website is http://www.friske.com if you want to look it over, but you have to call to order them (because of the overnight shipping.)

Thanks

a northern brewer order. Starsan, bourbon barrel porter and dead ringer ipa 1 gallon kits and some yeast.

A medium-sized, cube-shaped box.

My wife bought it as a present for me; I'm not supposed to know it's a barley crusher.

A corny keg from Adventures In Home Brew.

I went for one of the ones with a loose bottom. At least they say it had a loose bottom. I don't find that to be the case!!

Also got 2 gasket sets for the keg (always when i buy one) and one of the lids to make it a secondary.

6L Methuselah champagne bottle
Standard champagne bottle [750ml] equivalent {8 bottles} number of 4 oz servings {50}
Sitting next to a 3 gallon carboy. Ebay $25 plus $20 shipping. Gonna fill with a barley wine and let age.

IMG_0010.jpg

Not today, but this week at least. New 15 gallon SS kettle, welded thermometer and bazooka tube. I am so ready to see that thing in action.

a northern brewer order. Starsan, bourbon barrel porter and dead ringer ipa 1 gallon kits and some yeast.

It took my BBP about 4 months after bottling to start mellowing. I had one the other night from my batch before Christmas and it was good!

A new thermometer. Maybe this one will last longer than six batches.

A package for the previous owners of our house, which we bought more than 2 years ago!

Back