The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was a PR and marketing dream for both parties. Modist has this viral video being shared by adult beer drinkers, rather than pimple faced teens, and AB didn't handle it in away that made them out to be perceived as the big bad corporation. Although, let's face it the threat of further action is still a threat, even when it is proclaimed by a guy in costume with bowl tickets.

Couldnt agree more. Brilliant move by AB. They HAVE to send the C&D and instead of coming off as the usual “a-hole monster brewery picking on the defenseless little local brewery” (which is a bogus descriptor), they probably got a nod of appreciation from the group of consumers they seem to try to alienate regularly.

Isn’t ‘Device That Keeps a Ship in Place’ pretty aggressive about defending their ‘Hot Water Vapor Beer?’

You really are an idiot most of the time... like... 97% of the time.

Yes, we got a C&D from Anchor a long time ago. I’ve said it 70 times that once we understood the mechanics of C&Ds and why they are sent, we had ZERO issue with receiving the one we did (except it had a totally unnecessary *****y tone to it).

That’s why I usually call out the now-cliche news articles that paint the situation as “big mean corporate brewery is picking on poor little local guys!” It’s a fake narrative.

So... back to your stupidity.

What is your point?

No... Anchor isn’t any more aggressive protecting their trademark on “steam” than really any other brewery (or any other company for that matter) is when protecting their trademarks. If they don’t actively protect the mark (by sending C&Ds), the mark loses its protection and enters back into the public domain.

So was your point just that we got one and that’s supposed to be some sort of burn/insult or something?

Everything is on time delay out here. What the hell was wrong with the Pats?

Nuthin’.

They play a couple horrible games every year (like the KC one earlier this year) and always play bad in Miami.

After they win this weekend, the Miami game will mean nothing

When I trained one of the educators asked what's the difference between the patients and the staff? Most of the noobs with me said we have the keys. "Yes, you may have the keys, but the patients get discharged." He said. :mug:

When I trained one of the educators asked what's the difference between the patients and the staff? Most of the noobs with me said we have the keys. "Yes, you may have the keys, but the patients get discharged." He said. :mug:

When discussing their distinguished colleagues who work behind locked doors, most of the rest of the hospital staff just nod their heads and mutter something about flocks of like-feathered birds.

Most are thankful it's not them working those wards. 90% of nursing students that would visit and work a few days for their practicum looked terrified once the door locked behind them. Of course staff joking about not loosing your badge so we know we can let you out at the end of the day didn't help. (Apparently that really happened once) Add thirty patients doing their diagnosis, and it sorted out the students with the right stuff to do the work, and the others that would be better for work in a Drs office or elementary school.

Back