• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Two 25' Counterflow Chillers - $75 Each Shipped

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doggage

Reaction score
Make an offer. TWO NEW 25' Counterflow Chillers made with 5/8" rubber hose (good for hot water) and 3/8" copper.

These are very efficient. During a test run I turned on 55F coolant water not fully on and I cooled boiling water to below 65 with one pass through the chiller.

I already have and use one exactly like these. Got a good deal on the hose and copper. I made these to sell so I could afford to buy some other brew gear I've needing...okay, wanting. Asking $75 each, shipped OBO.

(The chillers are identical, though the pictures are of only one.)

Image038.jpg

Image036.jpg

Image037.jpg

(How I use mine: During the last 15 minutes of the boil, I recirculate boiling wort through them to sanitize, then at flame out turn on the hose ball valve I attach to the CFC input. Works very quickly to get to pitch-able temps and doesn't use much water. To clean I drain all the coolant water I can, boil water with Starsan and run it through hot for a minute or so to clear everything out. The I cap the ends and store with Starsan water in it. Never had problems with cleaning.)

Thank you. They are nicer than the ones I've seen in my LHBSs. I'm going to add a couple more straps to sturdy them up a bit more. That's kind of tough to do since you don't want to clamp down on the hose.

I'd also be willing to trade for an immersion chiller, temperature controller, or possibly other equipment.

I'm interested in buying the other if the trade falls through.

Back