How Long Can I Age Celebration Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alcibiades

Reaction score
Just noticed that my local beer shop has a bunch of sierra nevada celebration ale from last season. I know some people age this stuff, and I'm thinking about buying a bunch to do just that. How long should I age for to hit peak flavor? Has anyone on here aged SNCA before?

Well, it's an IPA. Don't know how long I would want to age it. The fresher it is, the better it is. IMHO.

we actually did a tasting recently. My father in law has celebration ale dating from 04 to present. (we buy 32 cases a year) in a recent tasting...we have found that 3 years is the magic number. the 04 and 05 were both still good, but not as enjoyable as the 06. the 07 was better now than when it was new and the 08 is a little better now than when first purchased. this is based of of the average ratings from 7 of our close friends/family that enjoy great beers.

Keep it in the dark (we keep it in a 1800's farmhouse basement) and it will be fine)

it will last as long as it takes me to get down to VA and steal it out of your fridge :)

that said, i have no constructive comments on beer aging.

Back