Fruit Winemaking books

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Endovelico

Reaction score
I'm looking for some good books on fruit winemaking to start my venture through this wonderful side of zymurgy.

I am a Semi-experienced homebrewer and i am looking for something like The joy of homebrewing or How to brew for fruit winemaking.

Advices? What are the reference books? What are the classics?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you very much, keep 'em coming!

Well, that's pretty much it. As far as I know, there isn't a definitive winemaking book like TJOBH or How to Brew. I refer to Jack Keller's website all the time, though. It's a bit hard to navigate at first, but it's the most comprehensive (and common sense) place to learn about fruit wines.

Well i have heard of a few well known books on the subject like The Joy of Home Wine Making and First Steps in Winemaking... Any opinions on those?

THey're both good books that will in no way hurt you to have and refer to. THat being said, the sources summersoltice gave, plus occasional help from sources like this site, are definitely all you need to make amazing fruit wine at home.

Terry Garey's "The Joy of Home Wine Making" is a great book to have around,IMO.

I have Making Wild Wines & Meads by Pattie Vargas & Rich Gulling and really enjoy it, though it's more of a recipe book than a how-to book.

I have that one too jaxxzero3. I posted the cranberry wine recipe (from juice) from that book here on HBT before. Make it bone dry, it's absolutely amazing. I have two batches going right now. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back