Brewers-Assistant v 1.0 is out!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Folks,

Thanks to the input of users from this and other forums what started as a simple "throw it out there and see what happens" project has grown into a full featured brewing app. For those that don't know - Brewers-Assistant is a free (no trials, gimmicks, etc.) web-site for homebrewing with a rich and fluid user interface. It includes all the features you'd expect from a brewing software, plus some additional ones like email notifications or timers. All the features are free and will stay that way. In a few weeks we'll have a way of reporting comments/issues or suggestions for V2.0 (we'll be starting work on V2.0 soon, but I m personally taking a few weeks break from the site to get some R&R :) ) via the website but if you need to talk to us in the meanwhile you can use the support email. Screenshots below.

P.S. While the site will work with all modern browsers, for the best experience we advise against using IE8, as you will be missing out on some UI elements. If you're stuck on IE8 due to having XP I suggest upgrading to Chrome (I actually suggest this even if you have IE9, due to the fact that it's much better, faster browser. Not just for B-A site but in general. And, no, we are not in any way related to Google, just stating the fact).

Cheers !

- Intuitive and easy to follow recipe design interface :
recipedesign2_small.png

- Type-ahead ingredient search for quick ingredient lookup and addition
ingredients_small.png

-Mash temperature, pH, volume estimates
mashing_small.png

-Integrated yeast starter that can be saved with the recipe
yeaststarter_small.png

-Mash heat-loss graph
brewday1_small.png

-Brewday management and events
brewday2_small.png

-Calendar
calendar_small.png

-Popup toolkit on every page for quick access to various tools
toolkit_small.png

And more...
Check us out at http://www.brewers-assistant.com

Very cool - I really liked the recipe design part. Haven't tried the rest yet - will do a test brew with this in a week or two.

Very cool - I really liked the recipe design part. Haven't tried the rest yet - will do a test brew with this in a week or two.

Cool- let me know if you have any questions.

On a different note - folks, please make sure you got your email entered correctly before signing up, otherwise you won't receive the activation link. Thanks.

I tried brewing with this app a few days ago. It flows very well - I liked how the various steps are organized in those panels. I have a couple of questions though:

1. There's a preboil gravity field there on the brewing panel. It'd be nice if the app would calculate efficiency automatically based on that. Maybe there is something like that but I can't immediately see it.

2. Are the timers on the boiling/brewing panel supposed to count down? For me they just showed a number for each step. It'd be nice if they were actually counting down to 0 or something like that.

I tried brewing with this app a few days ago. It flows very well - I liked how the various steps are organized in those panels. I have a couple of questions though:

1. There's a preboil gravity field there on the brewing panel. It'd be nice if the app would calculate efficiency automatically based on that. Maybe there is something like that but I can't immediately see it.

2. Are the timers on the boiling/brewing panel supposed to count down? For me they just showed a number for each step. It'd be nice if they were actually counting down to 0 or something like that.

Cool - glad you liked it ! Yeah, for now the preboil gravity field is there just for book-keeping, but with the next release we'll have eff. calculations based on it. As for 2) - that was a small bug in the timer library we use. It actually got fixed this Sat or Sun, so the next time you brew you should see the timer countdown in realtime.

Back