New manifold question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big supper

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am converting my cooler from a SS braid (broke) to a CPVC manifold. It is a bit off-centered.

Question: Should I trim it to make it more equidistant from the walls, or just leave it as is?

Thanks

BTW - I have since adjusted it a bit so that the pipes are more parallel

Here you go:

P8180026_640x480.JPG

Looks good- are you batch or fly sparging?

For now I am batch sparging....but may try fly in the future. Just for the fun of it!

I drilled holes. 3 rows. The middle row is close together(2-3 mm). the outside rows are a bit farther apart. The conversion was pretty easy. The only thing that I had to do was put an adapter to hook up the CPVC stuff as I was going from 3/8" to 1/2".

Let's cross our fingers!!! Going to use it for the first time tomorrow. Should have the new Barley Crusher soon too! :rockin:

So.....I added some more holes to the bottom. Is it possible to have too many? Maybe I am just over-thinking this!

So.....I added some more holes to the bottom. Is it possible to have too many? Maybe I am just over-thinking this!

Only if it makes the pipe so unstable it start to crack between the holes, I'm sure yours is fine. I used slots in mine, and put as many as I could without sacrificing structural integrity.

Back