Worst brew day Ever!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacksonbrown

Reaction score
Like all good "worst ever" stories, things started out well. I was a couple point up on my SG into the boiler. I had gotten a new speaker system for the iPod so I finally have something to listen to while brewing. And about 10 min into the boil I go to take the trash out and the door doesn't shut completely behind me. Our foster dog, Buster, took his shot, made his move and ran to the hills. I chased after him around a corner but by the time I got there he was nowhere to be seen. I spent over an hour looking for him to no avail. I notified our rescue coordinator and she's keeping an eye out at the shelters. I'm making up sign now to put up tomorrow. I just hope someone found him and took him in for the night.
:(

so html034 are you a year round resident there on drummond?

i clicked this thinking that i'd read about the mill drill breaking then the mlt cracking then a stuck sparge and finally a massive messy boilover:D

as a dog lover i do hope ya find your friend but if not i've got some puppies :p

pups2wks_092.JPG

Hooray! Buster came home! Around 3 am I woke up because I could hear him whining from outside. I can't believe he was out for 9.5 hours and no one picked him up. Good thing I decided to sleep with the windows open and no AC.
htl034, yes, I did finish the brew. I did a lot of my walking around the neighborhood while the wort was boiling. Came back to take it off the heat and let it cool in an ice bath so I had more time to search.
Yeayy!!
:ban::)

That's awesome news...one of our dogs will do the same thing if he's out without a leash-take off. We live in a residential area so it's dicey because of all the traffic. We usually find him waltzing around the neighborhood somewhere, but he did get out once when we were on vacation and the inlaws were watching them. They searched for hours and didn't find him...then when they got back to the house, he was sitting by the door waiting. That's always the best feeling, when they come back.

That's good news, we went through the same thing, except both of our dogs got out about three years ago. We found them within the hour, but a stupid neighborhood kid spooked them and we could only catch one. The other came home about 10 hours later, we left the garage door open and she came scratching!

One of the dogs we lost that night had to be put to sleep this week, he had cancer... :(

I'm glad you found your dog, sorry to be a downer!

Latest posts

Back