Cider + Belgian Ale in a bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teamfatkid

Reaction score
Today I will be bottling 5 gallons of an 8.5% Belgian Ale made with pilsner, pale wheat, crystal 10, and munich malts. I used clementine peels and coriander seeds during the boil along with centennial, tet, and Amarillo hops and fermented with S33 dry yeast. I also have 1 gallon of publix apple cider that was boiled with a cinnamon stick and some cloves before being fermented wi champagne yeast.

What I would like to do when I bottle them today is to make about 6-10 bottles of a beer/cider mix similar to Dogfish Positive Contact. Does anyone have a beer to cider ratio they would recommend that will give the some cider favors without over doing it?

I ended up doing a 50/50 split. The cider ended up being 10.7% and was incredibly dry while the Belgian was very sweet. I figured it would give a nice mix. Lets see how it tastes after bottle conditioning.

Back