Some pics of my brew, what the hell is this.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSRider

Reaction score
This is the irish red I brewed up on the 25th of november. I have never seen the top of a brew look like this, but it doesnt look like any infection pictures I can find. I cant decide if it smells because the only thing I can smel is the rubber smell from the airlock stopper. Anyone seen this, should I just try it.

DSCF0077.jpg

DSCF0078.jpg

DSCF0079.jpg

DSCF0081.jpg

Really? It just looks slimy and all my other brews the krausen settled back into the beer. Im glad to here its all good.

Yeah, plenty of mine have looked like that for a time... I wouldnt worry about it.

first time using that particular strain of yeast maybe? Ive had plenty of brews that look like that.

It's just garbage the beer makes with fermenting. Fear not - you will see all sort of scary things going on that looks horrible.

you're good to go!! Looks great. It's just yeast and protean. Every beer is different. Some are nice and clean and some are NASTY!!!

My latest three 2.5 weeks old (secondary), 1.5 weeks and 3 days. notice the middle one got pretty feisty!

DSC_0153x.jpg

Oh man. You have got me laughing out loud! I love the title of your post.

would that be a top fermenting yeast? All the other yeasts that you have been using in the past may be bottom fermenting.

would that be a top fermenting yeast? All the other yeasts that you have been using in the past may be bottom fermenting.

No lagers for me yet, It was nottingham. I still need to get my temp controller so I can turn the mini fridge into a lager chamber. All I have now is my ale fermentation closet.

1205082246.jpg

No lagers for me yet, It was nottingham. I still need to get my temp controller so I can turn the mini fridge into a lager chamber. All I have now is my ale fermentation closet.

1205082246.jpg

Hmmmm.....nottingham yeast? no that's not normal.... better let it condition for a while, bottle it and send it all to me for proper disposal! :D

all's good bud.... enjoy

i'm working some nottingham yeast in an Amber Ale that looks just like that. most explosive fermenation I've ever had.

enjoy!

Back