GRABASS lunch this week (Raleigh, NC)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Guys,

It's time again to meet for lunch.

Here are the options: Greenshields or some other bar in the area, or a BYOB lunch at my place.

The latter depends on the weather. I can take orders for pizza/subs from Amante (http://www.amantepizza.com/index.html) and pick them up. We would then meet at my place where we can all bring beer or live off the Kaiser's stash. My place is close to Davis Drive.

What do you think? And what days would be preferred?

Kai

Why don't we aim for Wednesday or Thursday. Lets keep and eye on the weather since I like the back-yard lunch idea since it is pretty cheap ;)

Kai

Wed and Thurs don't work terribly well for me this week. (Thursday NEVER works well, b/c I have a meeting that starts at 1pm).

Wed has a meeting at 2pm for me, so I could probably do it, but I couldn't dally too long and would need to scoot back to work PDQ. Friday is wide open for me. No meetings, but I do have to go for an MRI on my knee at about 3pm.

So, my preference is Fri followed by Wed. Thursday is essentially impossible for me.

-walker

My schedule is flexible except for the meetings. On Tuesdays, I don't come in until 11am, and go home at about 8pm.

a 2 or 3 hour lunch is no problem here, unless I have a meeting that requires me to be back.

Then again... all of my meetings take place in CA and I call in on the phone, so I guess I *could* call in from Kaiser's deck while drinking. No one would know the difference.

This means you guys can't break into a rendition of "Ein Prosit!" while I am talking, but....

No instruments needed. Ein Prosit is best done a capella.

Kai and I can give you lyrics, but if you want to be like most Americans in Muenchen, you just scream out whatever jibber-jabber sounds kind of like what Kai and I are signing.

The most inportant thing is knowing when to take a pull from your stein.

-walker

Yeah, I was just yanking your chain.

BOSTON is around. He started working on an IPA at 7am yesterda and called me at about 9:30am because he was pretty jazzed about a mini-mash/lauter tun that he built and used. It sounded nifty.

He won't be able to go the festival this weekend b/c he participates in a charity golf tournament every year and it falls on the same weekend as the festival, but me might be able to join the rest of us for lunch.

I don't think he sits in front of the computer slacking off all day like the rest of us, so he'll probably respond tonight or tomorrow.

-walker

Just got back from the 'Canes game. Double OT loss to Les Habitants. Wed. & Fri. are not good. Thurs. is good. Kai's house sounds good.
Jeff

It will be raining tomorrow, this is a no for Wednesday. But Thursday and Friday look good. But we have a problem, Thursday doesn't work for Walker and Friday doesn't work for BOSTON :(

Kai

Just a thought....maybe we should get together after the Raleigh BeerFest so we can chat about it.
Jeff

Kaiser said:
we have a problem, Thursday doesn't work for Walker and Friday doesn't work for BOSTON :(
Kai

Problem solved. My Thursday afternoon meeting was moved to Friday afternoon, so everything reversed for me; Thursday is good for me, Friday is bad.

THURSDAY IT IS.

-walker

Walker-san said:
Problem solved. My Thursday afternoon meeting was moved to Friday afternoon, so everything reversed for me; Thursday is good for me, Friday is bad.

THURSDAY IT IS.

-walker

Well then, Thursday it is.

Kai

First Question: Can you gentlemen stand another denizen of Raleigh at your meetings? (Looking for local beerheads to trade some homebrew with.)

Second Question: Is the word "gentlemen" often misused?

Ruy,
We're meeting for lunch today @ 11:45 at Greenshield's in Cary. You are cordially invited to join us. Look for 4 extremely handsome guys drinking beer.
Jeff

I'm sorry I couldn't make it today. I work all week during the day.

I'll take a rain check for a weekend.

-Damian

Or maybe it was "I work all day during the week."

You get the idea.

Teaching sucks during the year, but damn, a summer-long brewfest is not a bad thing to look forward to.

Do you guys do most of your shopping at American Brewmaster?

Ruy Lopez said:
Do you guys do most of your shopping at American Brewmaster?
Pretty much. I think the other guys do more than I do as I live in Fuquay which makes it 30 minutes each way for me. I try to buy there for the most part to support them, but I'll occasionally buy from Austin Homebrew, as well.

So........The project that was supposed to have me in Apex, NC a bunch of times allowing me to get a drink meet with 'Baron in, then decided to make me work remote, now has me down there, with short notice but no lack of ambiguity, in the next couple weeks-dependent on a hardware order's delivery date. Most likely next wed to the following monday, but not sure yet.

I know it is short notice, not sure if there as lunch or beer, or after work and beer time open for the Carolina crew.

We can make something happen. We are wayyy overdue for another tour of Carolina Brewing in Holly Springs. A good way to kill 2 hours and millions of brain cells on a Saturday afternoon. Keep us updated on your schedule.

Looks like I am heading down on Thursday, working on Friday, Sat, Sun, Mon, and leaving on Tuesday. I am not planning on staying in the shop longer than 3-4pm on Saturday.

Truble said:
Looks like I am heading down on Thursday, working on Friday, Sat, Sun, Mon, and leaving on Tuesday. I am not planning on staying in the shop longer than 3-4pm on Saturday.

Looks like we have some more entertaining to do, Jeff.

Walker-san said:
Looks like we have some more entertaining to do, Jeff.

That's fine. AFAIK, I have nothing going on this weekend. Maybe we can check out The Flying Saucer, I still haven't been there.

I've got some people coming over for dinner on Saturday evening, but I'm sure they won't stick around too late.

I'll check with SWMBO about anything else going on.

-walker

I am on the ground in Apex, at my company's facility. Got in last night. I am staying at the Hampton Inn in Cary, which is adjacent to the hospital. Our facility is a mile or so off of 1 on 55, on Technology Drive.

Truble said:
I am on the ground in Apex, at my company's facility. Got in last night. I am staying at the Hampton Inn in Cary, which is adjacent to the hospital. Our facility is a mile or so off of 1 on 55, on Technology Drive.

Cool. You are only a couple miles away from both BOSTON and I.

What's the plan, fellas? I have dinner guests tomorrow, but could probably sneak out after 9pm or so.

Nothing going on tonight that I know of, could sneak out after 8pm.

Can we all sneak out tonight for a few hours, maybe hit the Bass Lake Draft House on Holly Springs Rd.? They (allegedly) have 32 tap handles and could possibly have a football game on the big screen

Back