Hello from Houston, Texas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hitman8D

Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Jerry. I live in The Woodlands, Texas. It's about 20 miles north of Houston. I got into homebrewing about 2004. I do it mostly as a really fun hobby. I brew partial mashes at home. I've done several all-grain brews at the local homebrew store. Did that until the owner died.

I keg my beer and made my own kegerator out of a 7 cu. foot freezer.

Looking forward to getting some good advice and recipes.

Jerry "Hitman8D"

Hey Jerry, welcome aboard.

I've only been to Brew-it-yourself a few times. Did Ray die, or were you referring to a previous owner? It sounds like their brew club was still getting together regularly the last time I was there, but that's been a while.

NO. Ray is still alive and kicking.

I got started in homebrewing by Ken Rich. The owner/operator of The Brew Stop on Kuykendahl. He died a little over a year ago.

Welcome! Ray certainly is a great guy. I try to stop in his store when I'm up that way, but it has been a while. I'm about 10-15 minutes from DeFalco's, so that is where you will usually find me.

TL

Back