New White Labs Strain - 670 Farmhouse Blend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homebrewtastic

Reaction score
I just saw this at my LHBS. It's a new strain from White Labs! I'm a saison freak and plan to get a batch fermenting ASAP with it.

WLP670 American Farmhouse Blend
Inspired by local American brewers crafting semi- traditional Belgian-style ales. This
blend creates a complex flavor profile with a moderate level of sourness. It consists of a
traditional farmhouse yeast strain and Brettanomyces. Great yeast for farmhouse ales,
Saisons, and other Belgian-inspired beers.
Attenuation: 75-82%
Flocculation: Medium
Optimum Fermentation Temperature: 68-72°F
(20-22°C)
Alcohol Tolerance: 5-10%

wow! There doesn't even seem to be any info on the Whitelabs site about this yet (other than announcing that there will be 3 new strains for 2011 including an American Saison, and the platinum release schedule says not until May. very anxious! don't see it at any of the online retailers yet...

Wish I had known about this before ordering ingredients last week. I picked up vials of WLP565 Saison and WLP650 Brett B. to mix together for my next batch. This sounds like it would have been perfect for me.

2Byps.jpg

Latest posts

Back