What a dumb ass

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turfguy1969

Reaction score
I moved into my secondary and pushed in my airlock and dropped the rubber grommet to the bottom. I'm not going after it. Is this mix going to be called rubber ball brew? will it mess up flavors? I think i know the answer already.

butter fingers

turfguy1969 said:
I moved into my secondary and pushed in my airlock and dropped the rubber grommet to the bottom. I'm not going after it. Is this mix going to be called rubber ball brew? will it mess up flavors? I think i know the answer already.

butter fingers

Hey Hey! Welcome to Homebrewing. Duct tape is your answer.

Call your beer "Grommit all to ale!"

LOL.....I had a similar mishap on Sunday. I won't go into detail but Walker suggested I call my brew "Sweaty Arm Pale Ale."

(I did remember to sanitize my arm in iodophor!)
Jeff

Get the universal(5-6 gallon) non rubber ones.

And it will never happen again.

I did the same thing on my batch a few weeks ago.
I had a few other fermentors/carboys, so I transfered into another one.
(after cleaning, sterilizing).
I was able to get it out of the freshly emptied carboy pretty easily with a long screwdriver (stuck it into the hole of the rubber bung).

I have since learned that I am happy with the bung not being level with the carboy. :)

Almost everyone does this at least once. When I did it, I scrubbed my arm real thoroughly, rinsed with some sanitizing solution and reached in and grabbed the pesky little thing. The beer came out fine.

I haven't done it but a friend did.. This was before we started collecting yeast so he forgot to search the slurry for it and I think it got flushed down the drain..

Sephro said:
I haven't done it but a friend did.. This was before we started collecting yeast so he forgot to search the slurry for it and I think it got flushed down the drain..

Sure, Sephro, a 'friend' did it. :rolleyes:

Back