Phoenix AZ gathering - BATF 07/09

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desert Monkey

Reaction score
Anyone in Arizona up to a get together sometime soon? I'm thinking some night next week, maybe at Papago -

I'll toss out the first idea of next Thursday evening -

any takers?

How about Wednesday night, around 6:00pm.

I looked for something called O.G. in Phoenix, any idea where it's located?

We can call it Papago unless anyone else can locate the O.G. -

Ah, Oggi's -me and my literal interpretations.....:)

Is Papago pretty far out for you? If there's someone more central to us all, I'm up for that too - G.B. on Mill ave?

Very cool - so we'll do Papago at 6pm Weds night.

And the next BATF - hm, I have to admit I've not been anywhere up that area - if we can get enough people together, might be a good time on a weekend - what's the temp up there like in the next month? I'm guessing it's not 115 like here.

Papago works.
If Central Phoenix is closer for anyone else, there is always the Lost Leaf.
http://www.thelostleaf.org/

I just checked that place out on a third friday. Bet it is packed on a 1st. Oggi's is pretty good and so is their pizza. Nice IPAs and Belgians. Never saw anything on a Randal. Maybe I'll stop by there when I see Chuck this week. Sorry I can't make it Wednesday due to work hours and I know you planned it that way. hehe

olllllo, we've got a meeting/pool party this Saturday and there's also the Mead Cup on the 26th where we need Stewards and Judges.

Jeep name guy - yes I will try to attend. My 36th B-Day is Thursday, so not sure how many things I can cram into one week ;)

:off: any interest in a future BATF in Pinetop, AZ?

Definitely. Are you the old guy who opened the short-lived homebrew shop in Pinetop a few years back?

damn, all you crazies in the valley and your 195 degree weather.......

Come on down here if you guys want to cool down. Were in full blown monsoon season :rockin:

Springerville is a long ways away. I found out last monday. I had to take a load of bagged sand up to that SRP generating station they have there. That was one long day. 13.5 hours.

I work here locally so I am home every night. I can't make it tonight. Getting last minute stuff done for my wedding.

Looks like I won't be able to make it... damn work has cut the hours :(

Hope ya all have fun!

Today is not looking good. I am out here training with a group and class has been running long. I will do my best to get away in time. I hate work!

So we had a good showing last night, and had some good beers as well.

Desert Monkey, olllllo, beerthirty, coyotlgw, Iordz all showed up for a few rounds.

Thanks for coming out you guys, had a good time.

Anyone remember the names of some of the beers we all tried? I'm most interested in the name of that sour - didn't think I'd like it, but it actually came off pretty good.

Which one of you is the Iordan d00der from Bulgaria?

Also, finally kegged my Light Lager but it has a hint of Sulfur... will need to hit the books :(

Which one of you is the Iordan d00der from Bulgaria?

Also, finally kegged my Light Lager but it has a hint of Sulfur... will need to hit the books :(

Hey, Glen, that would be me!:)
Sorry about the lager, and thanks for the bottle!

Back