Christmas Decorations Up Yet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are your decorations up yet?

• Yes

• No, not yet

• No, and I'm not going to put up any

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cheesefood

Reaction score
SWMBO wouldn't let me put up the Christmas decorations this weekend, citing that we should wait till December. What about you guys?

(P.S. If you don't do Christmas but do decorate for another December holiday, then substitute your holiday for the word Christmas.)

We're aiming for next week, which will likely make us the last house on the street to get decorations up. Everyone was out yesterday working like mad on their decorations, but I was making a run to the LHBS. Priorities, ya know.

Nope, none for me. Inside, decorating would upset the spiders & outside, freak the wildlife. Everything is covered with snow this morning. Good enough for me.

[ 1" accumulation = VERY HEAVY snow warnings around here. Can we say snort? ]

Outside is done. Inside hasn't even been started. Weather here has been amazing. Upper 60's since last Friday so I've been on leaf patrol as well. The good thing is, I fired up the grill last night. Nothing like grilling on November 26th in Central Ill. :rockin:

I just do the white icicle lights from the roof, a wreath on the front of the house with a green spot, white lights on the wrought iron porch supports and in the bushes in front of the porch and that's it.

Inside is a whole 'nother story. :p SWMBO is so sick of it by the time January hits. :D I dig decorating for Christmas.

Ize

Outside lights are up, I put them up the day after Thanksgiving. I couldn't pass up on putting up lights outside in Wisconsin in a t-shirt, it was sunny and in the upper 50s Friday. We even played horseshoes at the folks on Thanksgiving Day during halftime of the football game.

We don't do much outdoors, either. We did get everything up inside the day after Thanksgiving. It's been tradition and we only have a few good years left with the kids, so we have to keep the tradition for awhile. :) We also go see a "Christmas" movie over the weekend and went to see Santa Claus 3....they enjoyed it.

Last one on my street to take the Halloween decorations down and the first one to put the Christmas ones up. I had to get both done on Saturday because I'm expecting 10 inches of snow on my lawn by tomorrow night.

I don't do holiday decorations. No family and my place is rather remote without any passing traffic. I do decorations at the VFW and Order of the Purple Heart.Wish I could brew more and give it away at both places. The bar has only bottles and cans of Bud, Coors and Hamms. Even mixed drinks are limited.

I always wait for December, but our December is so busy this year that the only free weekend we had was this past one. It's nice to have it all done.

Latest posts

Back