Look what i did!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfrans84

Reaction score
First meads!!
JAOM and a grape mead next to it.
The other ones are just cider.
And yes I just opened the jug, poked a hole in the top, and poured the last bit of my yeast starter in the small one.
Just to see how it turns out.

image-4153898790.jpg

Phew! Only meads......

With a thread title like that, I thought you were gonna announce that you'd dropped a log, shaped like the head of Jesus, then dried and laquered it, only too sell it on eBay for a zillion dollars........

Phew! Only meads......

With a thread title like that, I thought you were gonna announce that you'd dropped a log, shaped like the head of Jesus, then dried and laquered it, only too sell it on eBay for a zillion dollars........

I thought the same EXACT thing...

Coolio Jfrans

Sorry for the let down. I guess I'll tone it down a bit on the next post. :)

Nowt rong wi a bit o enthusiasm lad, just better to use more accurate thread titles, and ones not open t' sarcasm, jokes and ootha satirical let downs....

Ootherwise, excellent :D

You should let us know how that jug of store bought cider turns out. That's kind of hilarious, and brilliant.

Reporting back one the ciders I made.. The one in the gallon jug was perfect. Went from 1.065 to 1.012 in six days. I cold crashed for 48 hours, then racked off the lees into another jug and poured straight into a glass. Had a little taste of apple, a little dry and it had a small tart snap at the end that made u have to drink more. I have a five gallon batch going right now. The half gallon jug of store bought stuff was just way to dry go me. It really had no good flavor at all.

That's unfortunate about the store bought stuff. That seemed like an interesting project. Im thinking of doing a cider myself in the near future.

Back